Passed Again & A Favour Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed Again & A Favour Needed

Well, once again the truck went straight through the MOT - just needed a number plate light bulb - so well pleased with that

I need a favour from some one local to Southampton though. I believe I may have an ECU problem causing issues with the auto box gear change, so if anyone local would be good enough to let me borrow theirs to check if mine is an ECU problem, I'd be most greatful.

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Hi Nick,
    I noticed on yotatech they mention about imports sometimes having ECU problems and components missing or faulty within their ECU although doing a search on their site hasnt found me the thread yet.
    If I find it I'll post back other wise may be search on their site if you can.

Also what kind of probs are you having?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      Hi Nick,
      I noticed on yotatech they mention about imports sometimes having ECU problems and components missing or faulty within their ECU although doing a search on their site hasnt found me the thread yet.
      If I find it I'll post back other wise may be search on their site if you can.

Also what kind of probs are you having?
      The gearbox just does not seem to change up properly as I accelerate and the only time I get into top is when I hit 55 -60 mph. It changes through the first couple of changes but just doesn't go into top when driving round town. Not sure if I've explained it correctly, but I have driven the truck daily for the last five or so years and it's not the same as it was. I have changed the oil and it's at the correct level. From what I have been told and from previous postings, it would appear to be an ECU problem!

Cheers, Nick

P.S. Is the gear change controlled by the engine ECU or is there a separate one for the g/box?

Comment

3.0's are combined ECUs.

Sounds more like sensor type issues rather than ECU, though swapping ECUs would rule that one out.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          3.0's are combined ECUs.

Sounds more like sensor type issues rather than ECU, though swapping ECUs would rule that one out.
          Thanks for clarifying that Andy. Which sensors are you referring to?

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Working...
          X