Now i'm questioning my positioning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 3rd gen looks a bit ratty Tony !

And while we're talking ATF cooling - would that little cooler still be OK if it was the only cooling for the ATF ?

I'm a little concerned about the Surf overheating when dragging the tin tent up long hills and was contemplating taking the in radiator cooler out of the circuit

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 12 March 2011, 21:55.
    Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Recognised the crooked trim?

I've not ever run a stand alone cooler that small, usually use the size in my original pic, they are B&M Supercoolers made for the job and rated for big yank V8's.

You could just try it, it wouldn't be to hard to just pull both hoses off the main rad and join them together, then you could put it back easy enough at the side of the road if it gets hot to often. There is an temp warning light for the AFT fluid, but its hard to get it hot enough to come on! Only ever done it once Towing another Surf up a really steep hill in stop-start traffic!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thought that might be the answer - I reckon you'll have a little job to do in a couple of months ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Cheers for the pictures, very helpful....

Ran the truck today towing a fairley heavy sheeps trailer full of stuff up long hills and the temp gauge didn't move ( i know its crap and won't move till i kill it) and the gear changes seemed fine so i think that mounting the cooler where i have will not affect the main rad cooling, however there is no hot gearbox oil flowing through it yet.... ve shall see said the blind man...
          Gunna leave it where it is ( turn it over tho) and plumb it in and see.
          Will report back when all is plumbed in.
          Remember arrows are silent.....................
          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Well arsed about last night and tried to fit cooler down in valance but was not happy with it just seemed too tight.... don't know why but it was....
            also looked vulnerable from impact with low down stuff..specially if mrs is driving....

Turned me cooler over so feed and return where on the top, keeping the cooler in the flow of air through rad and grill,
            but that was too cramped and pipe runs too tight so turned it back...... both tony's showed pipes at bottom....

Plumbed pipes and feed through front panel but have not connected yet thats tonights job.
            Slight hiccup when putting the grill back on, one pipe was in the way of the grill mount that clips
            into the inner front panel, slight rejiggle and all snug and buggly......

Can i just say the bloke who put the tranny rad on the bottom of the water rad and the bloke who
            designed those little clip things that hold the grill on need to be taken out and shot....

in the nuts.....

with a gat gun....

repeatedly....
            Remember arrows are silent.....................
            Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
            X