Quick lift question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    I'll put my five pence worth in now.If your going to lift simply to use it offroad i.e to fit 33" rubber to gain another 1 1/2" in diff to ground clearance,then the way i would do it is to junk the front and rear ARBS.Then fit +2 es 9000s on the front and +3 es9000s on the rear,next fit 2" ball joint spacers,and a 1" diff drop kit.Fit hdj80 rear coil springs then level up the front by tweaking the torsion bars.Fit a max 2" body lift and then some extended bf goodrich brake hoses.job done.
    Cheers - But It's not just an offroader - so i want to keep the front ARB.
    I've already got +2" roughtrax springs(fitted) and Coil Spacers that I bought from you.
    I couldn't get any Procomp shocks so got Rough Country +2 fronts +3.75 Rear.
    Got extended/braded brake lines still to fit and BJ spacers (and coils spacers)

All the original question was was how high I could lift the front before I killed the CV joints and whether I needed to drop the diff to save them / Also when I fit the BJ's and tweak the torsion bars will I be able to alter the camber angle enough.

EDIT: I just reread that and it sounded like i was being snappy - I'm not! - I do appreciate the advice and help from everyone!
    Last edited by puddlesurfer; 8 March 2011, 21:44.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
      Cheers - But It's not just an offroader - so i want to keep the front ARB.
      I've already got +2" roughtrax springs(fitted) and Coil Spacers that I bought from you.
      I couldn't get any Procomp shocks so got Rough Country +2 fronts +3.75 Rear.
      Got extended/braded brake lines still to fit and BJ spacers (and coils spacers)

All the original question was was how high I could lift the front before I killed the CV joints and whether I needed to drop the diff to save them / Also when I fit the BJ's and tweak the torsion bars will I be able to alter the camber angle enough.
      Basically you want the drive shafts to be level(Horizontal to the centre of the wheels.).looking from the front of the truck.If fitting bj spacers then i would reccomend a pair of 1" diff drop spacers.I would also reccomend a full steering geometry setup after any change in suspension set up.
      Last edited by surfenstein; 8 March 2011, 21:42.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
        Sorry Luke, I didn't understand a word of that - Try adding punctuation and making sense!
        yes you do need the 2inch + damper . i haven't got mine fitted yet, had to change my calipers today instead of fitting them as all the sand from sunday's off roading trashed them
        http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

33's will go strait on with a 2inch lift !!!!!!!!! i have pic's if you want to see
          http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            Basically you want the drive shafts to be level(Horizontal to the centre of the wheels.).looking from the front of the truck.If fitting bj spacers then i would reccomend a pair of 1" diff drop spacers.I would also reccomend a full steering geometry setup after any change in suspension set up.
            That was exactly what I was wanting to know!

What would you recommend about the bumpstop? do I need to extend it because my shocks are 2" longer when closed?
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

up to you some peole say yes some say dont bother.depends on how extreme you want to go offroad.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
              X