Quick lift question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick lift question!

I know lift disscussions have been done to death but I've searched and can't find the answer.

How high can the front go if you wind up the torsion bars AND uses BJ spacers? (then drop the diff/use free wheeling hubs)

Will the camber/castor angle be able to be adjusted enough?

What other problems will I have?
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Cant find anything using that search thing myself, seem to end up with millions of irrelevant posts

Comment

Anybody know?

Yoshie?

Bushwacker?

TonyN?

Surfenstein?

Also I have +2" roughtrax springs and steins 2" coil spacers - Is there any point in having rear bump stops?
      I noticed today that one on mine had fallen off and was laying inside the coil spring. Will the springs compress enough for it to ever be needed? not planning on doing Dukes of Hazzard type jumps!
      Last edited by puddlesurfer; 7 March 2011, 20:25.

Comment

3-3.5inch or so i have been told by westcost 4x4's but they say you should change the bar's at the same time
        http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
          Anybody know?

Yoshie?

Bushwacker?

TonyN?
          Patience young grasshopper, patience.

Comment

I'm guessing here but .
            You can gain 2-3inches by winding the version bars, you can gain 2inches by fitting 2" bj spaces , so if you combine the 2 then you can gain 4-5" . But I think its more a question of how much extra angle can the cv's take safely , even with diff being lowered and fw hubs.
            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by lukenemma View Post
              3-3.5inch or so i have been told by westcost 4x4's but they say you should change the bar's at the same time
              Is that just lifting on the Torsion bars though?

What I'm trying to achieve is a match to the back which will be approximately 4"s (although I'm not 100% sure if I'm getting +2 from the Springs)

I'm worried about CV boots and joints as well as wheel camber

Comment

i'm up 3 at the back and 2 at the front having spacer's fitted next week and been told not to go past 3.5inch and to only go to 3 inch to be on the safe side

Comment

oh and they said i mite want to think abut lowering my diff at the same time way are you going higher anyway ?

Comment

I'm guessing he's going higher because as he said he's got +2" springs and 2" coil spacers so total of +4" . And he wants it sitting level so wants +4" on the front
                    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by lukenemma View Post
                      oh and they said i mite want to think abut lowering my diff at the same time way are you going higher anyway ?
                      I'm raising it to fit 33's - but because I've raised/raising the back I need to wind the front up too - I've got BJ Spacers and coil Spring spacers already, so they're getting fitted but I'm trying to get it right so I don't ruin any other parts

And what Animal says!

Comment

The BIG question is:

Is luke right?

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                          I'm raising it to fit 33's - but because I've raised/raising the back I need to wind the front up too - I've got BJ Spacers and coil Spring spacers already, so they're getting fitted but I'm trying to get it right so I don't ruin any other parts

And what Animal says!
                          33's will 100% go on fine with a 2inch lift front and rear i have seen this and driven a truck that has had it done

dose any on no what it will take to fit 35's tough ?

Comment

Mines got wound up T bars and a 2" body lift. I'm not expecting any issues with 33's...I bought yesterday, WOHOO!
                            Rear's got plus 2"s and 2" spacers - it rides dead level as it is, but I usually keep a load of shed load of heavy cr@p in the back of mine....
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                              Mines got wound up T bars and a 2" body lift. I'm not expecting any issues with 33's...I bought yesterday, WOHOO!
                              Rear's got plus 2"s and 2" spacers - it rides dead level as it is, but I usually keep a load of shed load of heavy cr@p in the back of mine....
                              so your up 4 at the back and 2 at the front plus a 2inch body lift ?

Comment

Working...
                              X