Sunday night question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday night question....

Why do ducks walk to the pond when we all know they can fricken fly ???????
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Do you use Easyjet to get to the swimming pool?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

They're not very good at landing.

I take it you've never watched 'Aircrash Investigation'?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

While there's a Sunday night question thread going........
        Can you answer me this..
        If every boat, ship, tanker, yatch, etc were lifted out of the sea, how much would the sea level go down?

Comment

Not as much as if you took out all the sponges.....

Comment

Originally posted by childishlysimple View Post
            Not as much as if you took out all the sponges.....
            Surely you mean the DSS bill?

Oh sorry, you said sponge's' not spongers
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Can you answer me this..
              If every boat, ship, tanker, yatch, etc were lifted out of the sea, how much would the sea level go down?
              Good question, Vince. Iv'e got a supplementary question to that....Global warming/Icebergs.... We all know that water expands when it freezes, and that icebergs are something like 80% submerged.....So, if all the icebergs melted, surely sea levels would fall, rather than rise....?.........Cheers....mick.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

It's all to do with the aliens ......But they have not visited lately .........
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Speaking of Aliens, where's Logey?

Did he elope with Bibs?

Comment

Can you answer me this..

The world's oceans contain approximately 1.37 bn cubic km of water. The volume of displacement of the entire world's boats & ships is negligible by comparison. Therefore there would be no perceptible change.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                      The world's oceans contain approximately 1.37 bn cubic km of water. The volume of displacement of the entire world's boats & ships is negligible by comparison. Therefore there would be no perceptible change.

Yeah I read that too.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        Good question, Vince. Iv'e got a supplementary question to that....Global warming/Icebergs.... We all know that water expands when it freezes, and that icebergs are something like 80% submerged.....So, if all the icebergs melted, surely sea levels would fall, rather than rise....?.........Cheers....mick.
                        If all the icebergs melted the sea level would stay at essentially the same level. However this does not take into account any effects due to climate change resulting in the more volatile nature of water (which constantly evaporates and falls as rainfall, unlike ice).

However a very large amount of the world's ice is on land. The ice contained within the Greenland Ice Sheet represents a sea-level rise equivalent of over 7 metres. The ice contained within the Antarctic Ice-sheet represents over 60 metres of sea-level change. Therefore, if both the Antarctic Ice-Sheet and the Greenland Ice-Sheet were to melt, sea-levels would rise by over 67 metres.

This would be, generally speaking, a Bad Thing.

Comment

Yeah I read that too.
                          Google is a wunnerful thing ain't it...?

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                            If all the icebergs melted the sea level would stay at essentially the same level. However this does not take into account any effects due to climate change resulting in the more volatile nature of water (which constantly evaporates and falls as rainfall, unlike ice).

However a very large amount of the world's ice is on land. The ice contained within the Greenland Ice Sheet represents a sea-level rise equivalent of over 7 metres. The ice contained within the Antarctic Ice-sheet represents over 60 metres of sea-level change. Therefore, if both the Antarctic Ice-Sheet and the Greenland Ice-Sheet were to melt, sea-levels would rise by over 67 metres.

This would be, generally speaking, a Bad Thing.
                            Not where I live!

Comment

Not where I live!
                              Can you make Lexurf VI amphibious? Or maybe just add a reeeaaalllly long snorkel...

Comment

Working...
                              X