• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
    Done some maths this morning, could be wrong, maths never was my thing
    1977 apprentice spark, wages £22 p.w petrol 70p per gallon
    2011 Milko & part time slave £300 p.w diesel £6.17 per gallon
    In 1977 a weeks wage would buy 31.5 gallons but today i can get 48.5 gallons for a weeks work
    Its cheaper using that sad old politicians phrase "in real terms"
    Off to tesco to relive them of some of their veggy oil plus the bonus for the dogs, they get to go to the beach
    Not a fair comparison as they are too different jobs how much would an apprentice sparky get today?

Comment

Originally posted by Leodis View Post
      Not a fair comparison as they are too different jobs how much would an apprentice sparky get today?
      Dont think they do apprentices anymore do they, apprentice mc donalds grunt but even if they do i doubt an apprentice would pick up more than i do today, maybe the same, too much brain power involved

Comment

Someone else work it out i`ve got to go fill up with veggy oil
        Average weekly gross wage: 1977 - £68.70 (£259 adjusted); 2002 - £503

Comment

When I finally get my Surf back from total rebuild (well it may as well have been) I think I will SORN it till the end of year
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
            When I finally get my Surf back from total rebuild (well it may as well have been) I think I will SORN it till the end of year
            Don't forget that before long you'll still need to pay for insurance even though it'll be SORNed...!

Comment

Originally posted by topsurfing View Post
              So, I just tried to post in the Surfs for Sale forum, but it never came up? Not sure what I've done wrong, but I'm sure it was my fault.

So I'll be cheeky and post a wee something here.

Surf, for sale, 1993, 2446 LN130, blue, 50,000miles (definitely genuine), brand new head with a 1 yr warranty. Mechanically, my engineer said it was immaculate. Body work has one bump above the back window which I was going to cover by fitting a spoiler, other than that is in great condition along with the interior.

I will add photo's when I get it back from the garage and have it cleaned up.

I'm moving to Switzerland otherwise I would never get rid of it. Looking for £3500ovno. Phone me on 07742490946 for more info.

Cheers, Mike.

I sold a 2.4 2nd gen with 115,000 miles on clock 1992 in good condition last week for £1800. I think i could of got a little more as had so much interest. But it was a very nice looking truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                Don't forget that before long you'll still need to pay for insurance even though it'll be SORNed...!
                I believe you will find that the vehicle being SORN'd is the only time you won't need insurance.

Comment

:nods:

I don't think its law yet anyway, but yeah, you won't be able uninsure a TAXED motor.

SORN it and you're ok.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X