Selling my Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my Surf

So, I just tried to post in the Surfs for Sale forum, but it never came up? Not sure what I've done wrong, but I'm sure it was my fault.

So I'll be cheeky and post a wee something here.

Surf, for sale, 1993, 2446 LN130, blue, 50,000miles (definitely genuine), brand new head with a 1 yr warranty. Mechanically, my engineer said it was immaculate. Body work has one bump above the back window which I was going to cover by fitting a spoiler, other than that is in great condition along with the interior.

I will add photo's when I get it back from the garage and have it cleaned up.

I'm moving to Switzerland otherwise I would never get rid of it. Looking for £3500ovno. Phone me on 07742490946 for more info.

Cheers, Mike.
    Last edited by topsurfing; 5 March 2011, 22:11.
    Love Surfs, know nothing.

Did you send Koi the fee?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I think you have a misprint in the price too.

Comment

3.5k for a gen2 2.4 ????????
        http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Ahhh.

Damn, I must have read the instructions wrong, thought a fee was only for the dealers. So, guessing I've now ####ed Koi off by posting here. I'll try messaging him.

You thinking £3500 is too much? Just with a brand new head and low miles, thought it was well worth that.

Comment

Originally posted by topsurfing View Post
            You thinking £3500 is too much? Just with a brand new head and low miles, thought it was well worth that.
            Yep, I'm thinking it's at least £2,400 (probably more like £2,700) too much.

Comment

Originally posted by lukenemma View Post
              3.5k for a gen2 2.4 ????????
              Okay, so I'll need to look at changing the price I guess, didn't mean to be cheeky, but with a new head thought you'd now get the same reliability of the 3.0l.

Comment

thats a grand more than even the highest priced 2.4 in the autotrader is it lifted ? any mod's ?

Comment

Originally posted by topsurfing View Post
                  but with a new head thought you'd now get the same reliability of the 3.0l.
                  You will, but it's still a 2.4. A 3.0 isn't worth much more than £1,500.

£3,500 will get you a nice 3rd gen.

Comment

thats a grand more than even the highest priced 2.4 in the autotrader is it lifted ? any mod's ?
                    Not lifted, no mods either, just A-bar and wheel arches fitted. Damn, was hoping to make some of the money back on renewing the head, but guess not. Well, I'm now depressed. Ah well, lose some, you lose some.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      You will, but it's still a 2.4. A 3.0 isn't worth much more than £1,500.

£3,500 will get you a nice 3rd gen.
                      what would you price mine at she's a 2.4 uprated head and new engine 18moth's ago still under warranty lifted just been mot'd got two sets of tyres m/t's and a/t's all like new celica seats not a single thing wrong with her 70k on the clock

Comment

what would you price mine at she's a 2.4 uprated head and new engine 18moth's ago still under warranty lifted just been mot'd got two sets of tyres m/t's and a/t's all like new celica seats not a single thing wrong with her 70k on the clock
                        You'd be lucky to get much more than a grand tbh. Wrong time of year to be getting a valuation! The prices always seem to go up over the winter. I only paid £675 for mine a couple of years ago during the summer...

Comment

Tbh i had my 3rd gen 1999 surf up for sale for 2 weeks on here and ebay.I had some stupid offers for mine but in the end i struck a deal with a dealer from ebay for my surf and trailer.I was offered 4k several times for mine and i turned it down as i wanted more for it.As said you need to knock at least 1k off your asking price to be able to sell it
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

And as fuel prices rise, used prices are only ever going to go one way.

Glad I got my 3rd gen cheap... I've got a while before slipping into negative equity yet.

At least 2 or 3 weeks.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Done some maths this morning, could be wrong, maths never was my thing
                              1977 apprentice spark, wages £22 p.w petrol 70p per gallon
                              2011 Milko & part time slave £300 p.w diesel £6.17 per gallon
                              In 1977 a weeks wage would buy 31.5 gallons but today i can get 48.5 gallons for a weeks work
                              Its cheaper using that sad old politicians phrase "in real terms"
                              Off to tesco to relive them of some of their veggy oil plus the bonus for the dogs, they get to go to the beach

Comment

Working...
                              X