Advice on buying a Surf please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on buying a Surf please

We have a Norfolk Terrier who loves to get mucky in puddles whilst out and about looking for mice, rabbits and anything else that takes his fancy and as a result my 3 year old Saab 9.3 is like a mobile dog kennel. We 've decided on a Surf to use for our outings, primarily due to the rear window which lowers so I can put him in the back easily but also to get us down the lanes and tracks we like. Have been in touch with Chequered Flag in Leeds and will be visiting them shortly and have also heard of Autoserv in Selby. Are there any other dealers in Yorkshire who can be recommended?

Any hints on fitting some type of parcel shelf and dog guard so Ted can go on the top of the shelf in the back and the shopping can go underneath?

Is the 3.0 diesel the best model to get? Any advice for a first time 4x4 buyer/driver would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Gnasher
    We have a Norfolk Terrier who loves to get mucky in puddles whilst out and about looking for mice, rabbits and anything else that takes his fancy and as a result my 3 year old Saab 9.3 is like a mobile dog kennel. We 've decided on a Surf to use for our outings, primarily due to the rear window which lowers so I can put him in the back easily but also to get us down the lanes and tracks we like. Have been in touch with Chequered Flag in Leeds and will be visiting them shortly and have also heard of Autoserv in Selby. Are there any other dealers in Yorkshire who can be recommended?

Any hints on fitting some type of parcel shelf and dog guard so Ted can go on the top of the shelf in the back and the shopping can go underneath?

Is the 3.0 diesel the best model to get? Any advice for a first time 4x4 buyer/driver would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the madhouse the 3.0l is the better option if you can afford it. as for the shelf you would have to construct one
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

go for it

i would go for the 3.0 and when you go inspecting be sure to check 4wd/hi/ low range are all working properly.pay special attention to the rear window as they are a common fault and can be expensive to repair if you are going to use it a lot

Comment

Gnasher i live in Castleford, i bought my surf from Steve at Chequered flag, its 3.0 SSRG i'll leave a photo on Pm me and i'll give you me phone number if you want any advice. Cheers
        Dave..
        Attached Files
        Last edited by firefly; 20 July 2004, 08:52.
        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Likewise I got my surf from Chequered Flag Steve will do you a good deal and wont hassle you to make a sale.

Comment

I'll be copying this when I get my Surf... if I ever get one...

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/cargo_box.htm

Mark
            :

Comment

Working...
            X