Whats the difference between Surf and a Land Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rally Micra View Post
    Northern point...that will be norskapp then...nice easy run but a bit boring

Its something my friend want s to do, Im always up for adventure so im up for it. It will be in winter so probably not as boring as you may think. It may be a case of leaving vehicles and hiking part of the way. From research most of those northern roads are closed. Dont have any experience of driving in deep snow but i expect its not going to go to well. When i was climbing in Bulgaria few years ago the snow was 4 feet deep and made very hard going. Thats why im expecting a bit of a hike. Probably a multi day hike. Also i expect driving through deep soft snow has a great potential to damage your truck as your cannot see whats coming or whats beneath you.

Its not quite Norskapp, little be to the left and further north. No roads there. http://maps.google.co.uk/

While there will bag the highest peaks in the area. We are also mountaineers and find any old excuse to climb a hill. Winter makes it all the more fun.

I expect ill be seeking advice at soon for winter proofing my truck

Morocco is stunning. Was there last year and will be back there with the mrs this year... Again very easy and none of the hassle it used to be.

Really don't panic to much about breakdowns...you will be amazed that even in the middle of nowhere help seems to turn up.

We will be taking 2 trucks so a break down will not be the end of the world.

Looks like I may beat you to the off on the big trip...just one year for me and the mrs....don't forget even doing things on the cheap you still have to allow for about £14,000 to be away for a year.

Having the storage built next month by a local carpenter...

Good luck with the build...plus where are you in Sussex??
    Im in Eastbourne.
    Last edited by Matt.n.p; 2 March 2011, 00:52.

Comment

Have a read through this guys 2yr trip. Outsanding adventure.

http://www.across-then-up.com/
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        The manual truck DOES have an engine ECU. The ECU ident code is prefixed 'MT' rather than 'AT'
        But a 4Runner 3.0 has a manual fuel pump, it'll run with 12v to the fuel cut off solonoid and thats it.

But Surf engine electrics are pretty reliable TBH
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

Best travel blog and pics I have ever seen...just waiting for the next instalment.
          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

Ive only read the first 2 pages and am finding it a great read.

Well found Yoshie.

Comment

I like this bit. About Egypt shop keepers

Their approach to doing business with tourists is captured in the superb ambiguity of this sign in a shop window: "Why go elsewhere to be cheated when you can come here?".

Everyone is called either Mohamed or one of the many derivatives – Mohammad, Hamid, Hamed, Ahmed or Mahmoud. In Alexandria, I tried shouting 'Hamed' on a crowded train platform just to see the resulting carnage.

Comment

So basically, as an only, all rounder, to be used daily, a 3rd gen surf will do me fine.

Comment

Working...
                X