Theoretical body swap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theoretical body swap??

As far as I am aware the identification for our trucks is on the chassis leg,yes?????
    So on that basis,the body shell is essentially a replacable part,yes?? or no??

Reason for asking= Rusty 4 runner,and sh1t on the telly!!

yup.

You may need to swap looms as well, which could be more work than the actual body swap.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get another truck same colour, swap plates and tell the authorities you changed the chassis for some reason (rust is as good as any reason) and this is the number on the new (used) one.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hmm!!!

Dunnu! how would that work??? Would it still be the same car if I "changed" the chassis.

Is the wiring loom not part of the body structure??

Mines not that bad actually,but it's rotted out at the N/S rear sill and the inner wings either side of the spare wheel are dissappearing!!

I'm trying to toss up whats more work,source another body shell and plonk it on my chassis,or spend some time welding and painting! Richard is going to send me a sill section from a breaker anyway!

Comment

Yeah, wiring is part of the body, but was assuming you'd end with a Surf body, another UK diesel 4Runner will obviously be the same (and rusty.. lol )

I swapped a 2 door surf on to a 4 door chassis, its not hard if you have a way of supporting the body shell.

Undo everything, lift body up, roll chassis out from underneath.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yeh would'nt waste my time with another runner body!

Would the electrics not line up on the surf and runner then?

Supporting the body would not be a problem,can get access to tractors and manitous all day long round here!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X