Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Diesel fuel

Hi Guy's
    I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of running black diesel fuel?
    You know old engine oil filtered and stuff done to it.

If so please share and tell me what you did and how it turned out.
    Regards John

I know someone who does, But here in the UK it's not legal as a road fuel n I am not loosing my Truck just to try it !!

Jess
    "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 26 February 2011, 18:02.
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yep, HSE issues as well. Old engine oil is carcinogenic.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Black fuel

Hi guy's
        Thanks for the reply's.

Doesn't the pollution factor depend on how well it is filtered?
        I guess an emissions test at a garage would indicate how good or bad it was, after all, all old engines burn old oil un-filtered altho, hopefully, in not very large amounts.
        I understand that dino is just more finely processed dino engine oil well crude really.
        Currently, as I understand it old oil is being burnt in oil fired heaters which probably emits a higher concentration of emissions in a very confined space

Maybe the legality factor should be addressed, recycling is the current buzz word hence all of us burning legal wvo/bio.

I am not being argumentative just looking for info.
        regards john

Comment

Old engine oil is carcinogenic.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Old engine oil is carcinogenic.
            i dont beleave you had to say it twice

carcinogenic=cancerus
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              i dont beleave you had to say it twice

carcinogenic=cancerus
              To be fair, there is plenty of stuff in normal petrol & diesel from the pump that is carcinogenic. They also used to use lead in petrol which turned out not to be such a great idea too...

Comment

OK Thanks
                John

Comment

Just to clarify my thoughts on using "black diesel" - I don't reckon it's a good idea. Too fiddly and you would have to declare it & pay duty on it. Way too much hassle for the tiny saving you'd stand to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                    Just to clarify my thoughts on using "black diesel" - I don't reckon it's a good idea. Too fiddly and you would have to declare it & pay duty on it. Way too much hassle for the tiny saving you'd stand to make.

Hi Mate
                    Those tiny savings are getting much bigger these days, I find WVO is getting much more expensive if you dont have a free supply, I have a limited one but does not really cover my use.
                    Plus the cost of Methanol and NAOH have both gone up.

From what I have read you really only need to filter or centrifuge engine oil down to 1 micron or lower in the case of a centrifuge. And if you are running a twin tank system with a tank heater and BIO setup you dont really need to mix it with real dino.

The duty bit is a different matter, maybe they wouldn't find it in a twin tank system with only one filler cap.

I am assuming stocks of the old oil will be free and easier to get hold of.

John

Comment

Working...
                    X