Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member hello

First post to say hello.

It looks like I'll be getting a 96 3.0D Surf soon so I came here to see whats up.

Not much except the normal toyota head issues due to the idiotic temp gauge.

Has anyone had experience with the Mason alarm temp gauge racalibration?

Hi
    New to Surfs and this forum myself.
    Most info you need can be found on here.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Ello and welcome

peace
        cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

welcome dude
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
            First post to say hello.

It looks like I'll be getting a 96 3.0D Surf soon so I came here to see whats up.

Not much except the normal toyota head issues due to the idiotic temp gauge.

Has anyone had experience with the Mason alarm temp gauge racalibration?
            Bonsoir!!

Its not the idiotic temperature gauge,its the chocolate head thats the problem!! The gauge only tells you your heads already fcuked!

Welcome by the way

Mark

PS France is a big place!

Comment

Hello and Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                Bonsoir!!

PS France is a big place!

With some of the easiest driving in the world (Paris excluded)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I'm off tomorrow to look at a 96 3.0 for €1000, a RHD here in France (Nice).

The way I see it I'll get a great car cheap which I'll put on French plates, plus it means the French Mrs won't touch it.

So as I understand I'll make a thorough check for Head issues, mayonnaise, bubbling or overflowing expansion tank and once I have it give it a good service with nice new Toyota coolant.

I thought with the temp gauge with its OK position being 95to115 it means you don't get any warning of a problem until its too late - so I'll try and see if a Mason alarm would fit in.

I only use Toyota coolant in my bikes too as it is so long lasting and thick - my only bug bear is that my local dealer don't carry the Extra super long life coolant (Toyota says 10 years for that one) as opposed to five for the standard SLL coolant.
                  Last edited by Ploddit; 27 February 2011, 08:57.

Comment

Tell your Mrs it's Taking part thats important,not the winning!!!!!!!!! 17/9 17/9 17/9 17/9

Mayo is never evident.Some trucks, mine included start,and run perfect,with hardly any symptoms!!

I bought mine,near stansted airport,drove to andover tp collect another Surf,then out of the port of Dover and down to Limousin no problems at all.It ran for a further 8 months till it finally popped at the start of this year,and even then it was running perfectly.

I have noticed that since I've changed the head,the coolant is right up under the rad cap and has been since,before it used to run just above the cooling fins in the rad,filled any more than that and it would push it out.

Is it a Surf or a Runner,your looking at? There's a couple of fellas on here who have Surf's to put into the French system!!

Bon Courage

Mark

Comment

It's a surf....

As I can see from the guy trying! to sell one at €5000 it's possible to register it French. I guess I'll have to source some LHD lights and possibly put on a km/h speedo face (its miles atm), and make sure the rear fog is on the left hand side.

It'll be fun because the DRIRE in Nice are complete casse couilles....

Well at that price the day the head goes I'll budget for a TRW? one then it should keep going till 500,000.

Comment

Hello welcome
                        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
                        X