yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy's Off Roading In Sth Wales - The Aftermath!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by childishlysimple View Post
    Cripps corner is 10 miles out in the boonies, but frenz bar is in the new town...

But I am 40 not 14....

What time are you playing?

Other(good) bars are available for the imbibing of beverage
    Oh well i'm staying in Cripps Corner, at my friends, but gigging at that Frenz place. From about 9pm til late i should think. What is it like? word is it is quite good?
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

If it was the CV joint binding, you would have felt it all the way home as you would have been fighting to keep the truck straight.

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
        I've made a few enquiries about a new diff, and will try draining it and see what happens. Is there an easy way of doing this? I will also be buying new BJ's tomo morning.
        Take the bash plate off and remove the filler plug first.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

i want to go to Milners cos it's down the road from me, and i know the guy on the desk so always knocks me a bit off, but reading this makes me not want to?
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Take the bash plate off and remove the filler plug first.
            Ok will do, thanks. Is it easy enough to re fill? Sorry for being a bit useless, but is there a certain diff oil i have to use or new plugs etc?

i really appreciate any advise..
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
              Ok will do, thanks. Is it easy enough to re fill? Sorry for being a bit useless, but is there a certain diff oil i have to use or new plugs etc?
              Make sure, when you buy the diff oil, you get at least one with a filler tube and warm it up before you use it. No need to replace plugs.

Comment

Some photos of the diff drain and fill plugs here...
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....42&postcount=1

Comment

GL5 SAE 75W-90, just under 2 liters are needed.

Comment

Busy enough at the weekends, young crowd. Not my sort of joint. I drink in the old town, less asbo's.

What day you playing?

Comment

Albannach & Bushwacker.....
                      thankyou very much guys. Almost getting scared to ask for help these days!!
                      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by childishlysimple View Post
                        Busy enough at the weekends, young crowd. Not my sort of joint. I drink in the old town, less asbo's.

What day you playing?
                        It's on the Saturday night mate. I'm just doing a solo acoustic gig, not a full band gig. I'll be playing most of the night, and will be playing tonnes of covers so you will defo know a lot of what i'll be doing!
                        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

just to put my 2p in! ive broke the front diff, trasfer case and ball joints!

to test ball joints just jack up each front wheel in turn and see if there is vertical movement with the wheel without moving the suspension you can hear it click if they are bust!

when my TC went it made a rotory noise but when took front prop off it stopped

when diff went or crown wheel because i did the ADD delete when front diff engaged it binded in same place on every rotation and when disengaged the front diff it moved freely so vince is right and would say front diff!

but yeah check all the front suspension bushes on shocks they can make banging noises too, put it on full lock see if CVs make a noise also??
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                            to test ball joints just jack up each front wheel in turn and see if there is vertical movement
                            No need in this case though. The grease boot is split. If it aint mechanically bust yet, it wont be long before it is.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Been and bought all 4 ball joints this morning so that problem is solved or will be when i get them fitted in a couple of days.

Dannyboy, did you have a nightmare when re fitting new diff? I'm kinda crappin meself about it!!
                              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

if you are fitting all 4 ball joints i would get a ball joint scissor tool. the saying right tool for the job cant be more true for this one! dont get the hammer in ones! and get 22mm not 19mm it wont fit!

front diff is easy in the sense undo both CV from diff and remove front prop then undo 3 bolts to drop front diff but in reality its a pain as its heavy and unequal in weigh distribution unless you are gtting a garage to do it? 2 of you is best. it took us about 1.5hr to remove and fit it, if you get a piece of 4x2 either side of the diff bricks one end of the wood then both of you can lever it up and let it slide down the wood. you will see it more clearly when you are under the car! thats how we did it as back yard mechanics!
                                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Working...
                                X