A pr1ck on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pr1ck on ebay

has just sent me an email stating that Lucifer is not legally allowed on the road due to the size of the tyres.
    He states he works for the dvla and was a mot tester for over 20yrs.For one thing the tyres won't come under the mot for being to big like that as long as there are arch ext's fitted as there are on Lucifer
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

i just let them go completely over my head

the amount of idiots on there is unreal nowadays

Comment

Well rich they had better ban all HGV's from the road cos they have big tyres.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

what about tractors aswell
        here's what he says
        Hey nice truck shame it's illegal to drive in the uk, I work for the dvla and used to m.o.t vehicles for over 2 decades, the maximum legal road size tyre on a registered car, not vehicle is 35 inch
        Just thought id let you know to include in auction so potential buyers know and don't get points on their license or even loose it if they have points already ...
        i'm now waiting to have the ad pulled now cause of this pr1ck
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

As far as i know there is no law stating a maximum or minimum tyre size. For an mot as long as the tyres are within the arches have at least the minimun tread on them and dont foul anything ,eg inner arches or chassis on full lock
          think this bloke is just trying to throw his weight around sounds like he got nothing better to do . im no mot tester but at the gagage i work at we get alot of beefed up landy come through and they never have a problem.
          Always up to my neck in it

Comment

44" tyres is the legal limit for a car on the road. I did A LOT of research into it last year.

Comment

I'm an MOT tester by the way.

Comment

What a crock of shit rich.If i were you i would reply saying,he needs to re check the current tyre laws.Nuff said.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

what size are the tyres on lucifer?
                  Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
                    what size are the tyres on lucifer?
                    44inch, the legal limit.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

How many threads has there been on here about somebody advertising something wrong on teh Bay.
                      "Oh Oh he said it's a 3rd Gen and it's quite clearly a 2nd gen"
                      Oh Oh he said it has ABS and it hasn't.

It's the same.

Only in Reverse.
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

yeah, but we are usually right, this guy is blatently wrong.

its different.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just had a look and the questions aren't visible Rich.

Activate the option to see them on the listing and we can put the record straight.

Comment

People are fitting 48's these days, 44's are soooo yesterday!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I don't even think Arch protrusion is taken into account on the MOT these days. You used to have to have the edge of the tyre sitting within the wheel arch when the wheels were straight, I don't think that is the case any more. The tyre will sit proud of the arch when steering in either direction so there is absolutely no point in requiring it to sit within the arch when its straight.

At any rate, the fella is talking out of his a*se.
                              En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Working...
                              X