Never been to a garage with my Tuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never been to a garage with my Tuck

Just wondering how many others have had the same as me ?? I have owned a surf since 2004 and thanks to this forum I have never once had to take it to the garage!!

From what I can remember I have:

Changed all bulbs!!
    Fixed rear window motor
    Refurbished starter motor
    Replaced Truck (head went and was cheaper to buy another and used it as a source of free parts)
    Replaced brake callipers and pads
    Replaced clutch and Dual mass fly wheel
    Replaced rear half shaft
    Replaced front half shaft
    Lots of other little things as well!!

All only achievable by help from this forum, Cheers Folks

Who else has managed to keep clear of a garage!!??

With the exception of MOTs. Yes.

Change your title from a tasty cheese cracker to truck and it makes more sense.
    Last edited by yoshie; 20 February 2011, 17:24.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      With the exception of MOTs. Yes.
      Ditto...missed that bit

Comment

I do all my own. If makes me wince, when I read about someone who has given a garage hundreds of pounds, for in some cases, no fix.

EDIT: As above,not the mot's.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I've visited TonyN but apart from him doing a cambelt change for me - I've done everythng else mysel
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

My truck visited a garage for the first year of ownership (at that time this forum didn't show on any search engines). After the bills I decided that I couldn't afford to continue, I found this forum through Codlords site (memory lane anyone), found Tony, and the result is either I do it, or Tony does, no one else touchs my Surf (with the obvious eception of MoTs, and when I'm servicing my sisters truck she has mine).

Small side note, during my second year of ownership my truck spent most of it's time at Tonys sorting everything I had paid a fully qulified mechanic to sort the year before. So I do have trust issues.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I do mine myself........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I never get chance even to drive mine these days let alone work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  I do mine myself........

Are you sure...
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

My fourtrak is currently on axle stands on the drive,with no rear axle. Its the first time ive been able to get to work on it since xmas.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Me too!, never had to take it to a garage apart from mot time, aint dont that much to it either tho i am a low milage user,
                      apart from mods it been
                      cam and all other belts routine change,
                      new front discs and pads
                      new track ends (but i fooked up the olduns anyway)
                      tyres
                      thats about it!, original head as far as i know,
                      these tractors go on forever
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

my cars never go to a garage i always do the work myself, nothing to cars just a load of bolts and wires.

Comment

No time, two jobs, need a car and only got the one so i give mine to a nice guy called terry who does whats needed nice and cheap and gives me a car to drive round in while he`s doing it. oh and the skank fooked a while ago so i have to look after myself
                          Anybody else look after themselves

Comment

had mine for 6 years now and its only been to a garage once and that was vinces to get a v8 - the pooter and electrickery bit wasnt for me.

apart from mots it never sees a garage - they cost too much and i'd end up driving a puddle jumper with todays labour rates.

its not rocket science - mostly nuts and bolts and a bit of common sense

i guess its the way i was brought up, no one went to garages for repairs. there was always someone in the street with oavys on at the weekend. i learned lots that way before i could even drive.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                              My fourtrak is currently on axle stands on the drive,with no rear axle. Its the first time ive been able to get to work on it since xmas.
                              Hmmmm, never thought of putting it on axle stands. Does that mean you get to work on time?

(apologies .... it's a brain thing lol .)

As for working on my "Aunt Sally", I just sends it off to a real decent local guy and he maintains it properly! I'm far too old to get into all those young places

Comment

Working...
                              X