Another thermostat thread for home boiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    Thanks for this. My nan lives in Leeds and I live / work in South London. I just drove up this weekend to take a look and it's working at the moment but I want to get that stat replaced or at least find why it isnt working and fix permenantly. As I live down here its a few hours drive each way so only had the Sat / Sun to look into it.
    I read about the volt free setup in the manual and could see how it was wired by looking at the stat receiver. I didn't look at the terminals on the boiler as it involved removing the cover and I didnt see the need to at that time. There doesnt appear to be any loose strands of wire in the terminals on the receiver though.
    The link you mention is just effectively connecting the the two wires together from the boiler to short them. Doing this would tell me if the receiver for the stat was doing its job propperly or not. I suppose I could have measured the resistance between the COM and the other side of that connection when the relay clicks.

I do need to sort my subs out.
    Yes, a good idea to get your subs sorted! Anyway, timing apart, you might be in luck! My Nephew lives in Leeds and we talking of going to visit but it won't be till after weekend March 6th! So, if you let me know when you next up, and if you want me to have a look, then contact me on: stewart@pelicanpost.co.uk

I don't mind spending an hour or two having a look to see if something obvious ..... I am a qualified electrician. I agree with your putting the two wires together as this would represent calling for heat - simples!

Cheers!

Stewart
    Last edited by Pelicanbill; 21 February 2011, 16:23. Reason: brain out of sequence...

Comment

Working...
    X