sad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad news

Up in Edinburgh at the moment as my mum died on Thursday. She had dementia, so in a way I am so glad her suffering is over. Must have been a living death for her. The truck drove up to Edinburgh like a dream after having the various bits failed on the MOT fixed. I need to get something done about the 'candle' headlights as they are not very bright....is it me getting older or what!....

Shirl

sorry to hear about ya mum shirley
    i do understand how you feel tho
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

My condolences on the passing of your mother. My mum died about 6 1/2 years ago and it still almost feels like yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
        Up in Edinburgh at the moment as my mum died on Thursday. She had dementia, so in a way I am so glad her suffering is over. Must have been a living death for her. The truck drove up to Edinburgh like a dream after having the various bits failed on the MOT fixed. I need to get something done about the 'candle' headlights as they are not very bright....is it me getting older or what!....

Shirl
        Sorry to hear about your loss, happened to me 7 years ago. its hard coming to terms with wanting someone you love to be out of their misery but if its any consolation i think people with dementia are oblivious to their situation its those who care that suffer

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mum Shirl and i know how you must be feeling at the moment.I haven't been on here much myself till the last week.Anything any of us can do just give a shout bird
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You can buy an upgrade for the front headlight loom.
            Albannach had one fitted to his old 2nd gen, worke well.
            Brian

Comment

My condolences shirl, i lost my dad nearly five years ago and yes it does seem like it was yesterday x
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear your sad news shirl, I'm only round the corner if you need anything.
                Last edited by si tate; 20 February 2011, 00:36.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Awww,

Sad to hear your bad news Shirley, sorry for your loss.

Gman.
                  If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Really sorry to hear about this Shirl, your right it is a blessing in the end, my grandfather went the same way 30 years ago.

As for the lights, Yoshie is spot on.

peace
                    cal
                    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mum Shirl.

Hard to get this in the same post but, yes, surf headlights are shit. Try the ones on the pre-facelift 2nd gen, they are really something to behold in terms of candleness.

Comment

Yeah! sorry to hear that, my mum had it, used to get to me when i visited and she didn't have a clue who i was, she'd say ian never comes to see me!!
                        terrible thing
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Condolences Shirl ... at least she's at peace now !!
                          Lost my Dad to Dementia / Altziemers 20 years ago ...

Jess
                          "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your messages....No snow up here...perhaps I should have left the truck in leeds!

Comment

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
                              Thanks everyone for all your messages....No snow up here...perhaps I should have left the truck in leeds!
                              Non down here now, 3" yesterday & melted by this morning, still i got to push the 4wd button one more time.
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X