Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do

What would you do in my situation.

Basically I have the owner of a tuning company wanting my surf.
    He wants to sticker it up and use it for promotional purposes, and he's offered me his mitsubishi evo2 that's now got an evo3 engine and running gear fitted and its running just over 300bhp as a swap
    Now to be honest I'm tempted but I love the truck. At the same time I've always loved evo2 and evo3 lancers

A lot of you probably aren't into performance cars . But I really can't decide what to do.

If I did swap and didn't like the evo I suppose I could always sell it and get a 3litre surf.
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

You answered your own question, twice...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Steve, I had a 400+bhp V8 Monaro prior to the surf. God I loved it, the acceleration/speed/G force was sensational, and I had some fantastic track days in it to boot.

However
      Could I get my tools in the boot?
      Could I go off roading in it?
      Could I tow a 1/2T trailer?
      Could I fill it with a pallet full of breeze blocks?
      Could I drive it anywhere without fear of wrecking it?
      Was it any good in the snow?
      Could I fuel it with cooking fat?

Its horses for courses mate, your truck is not your works vehicle, so it doesn't have to do everything and still do the supermarket run.

I say go for it, if you've always wanted one then get one.
      At least you'll know what all the fuss was about, and at the end of the day, there's plenty more surfs out there. They also do one with a 3.0l engine I've heard!
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Like the Saying says
        "You can go Fast" but "I can go anywhere with anything, anytime "

Jess
        "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Check the value of the Lancer first, if it's worth more than 3.5k, do the swap, sell it and buy a 3rd gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            Steve, I had a 400+bhp V8 Monaro prior to the surf. God I loved it, the acceleration/speed/G force was sensational, and I had some fantastic track days in it to boot.

However
            Could I get my tools in the boot?
            Could I go off roading in it?
            Could I tow a 1/2T trailer?
            Could I fill it with a pallet full of breeze blocks?
            Could I drive it anywhere without fear of wrecking it?
            Was it any good in the snow?
            Could I fuel it with cooking fat?

Its horses for courses mate, your truck is not your works vehicle, so it doesn't have to do everything and still do the supermarket run.

I say go for it, if you've always wanted one then get one.
            At least you'll know what all the fuss was about, and at the end of the day, there's plenty more surfs out there. They also do one with a 3.0l engine I've heard!
            I went from a 400.bhp mk2 astra to owning a surf lol

Comment

Originally posted by sbd16v View Post
              Good Lad! :
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

400bhp through the front wheels??

How was the torque steer?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  400bhp through the front wheels??

How was the torque steer?

managable lol it had A lot done to it 0-100 was 8.1 seconds so traction was quite good

I had an engine mount come loose once and that caused some terrible tq steer steering wheel in a straight line and at 169mph car moved over 3-4 car lengths to the right violently, bit of a brown pants moment lol

but most of the time it was managable

Comment

Ive got a 300zx twin tubby, running 502bhp. Power and performance are 2 very addictive things, but you'll always have more fun in a 4x4! I dont kniw anything about your truck, but if its half what it sounds like, you've obviously put a lot of time into it! I say keep it. But thats just me!

Comment

managable lol it had A lot done to it 0-100 kph was 81 seconds so traction was quite good

I had an engine head come loose once and that caused some terrible smoke, loss of coolant and lots os steam, but it still ran. The steering wheel is never in a straight line and at 69mph the truck moves over 3-4 truck lengths to the right violently, bit of a brown pants moment lol

but most of the time it was managable
                      There you go, fixed it for your new vehicle...
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by fingers21 View Post
                        Ive got a 300zx twin tubby, running 502bhp. Power and performance are 2 very addictive things, but you'll always have more fun in a 4x4! I dont kniw anything about your truck, but if its half what it sounds like, you've obviously put a lot of time into it! I say keep it. But thats just me!
                        Its one of these...

www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

If it was me in the same situation I'd keep my Surf.

That was a lot of help.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                            Its one of these...

Both look pretty damn good to me, i stand by my answer! I'm liking the matt black idea too! Can't decide between camo or matt black for mine.
                            Last edited by fingers21; 17 February 2011, 01:12. Reason: Added

Comment

Originally posted by fingers21 View Post
                              Both look pretty damn good to me, i stand by my answer! I'm liking the matt black idea too! Can't decide between camo or matt black for mine.
                              Camo. looks stupid.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X