yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance-who actually recognises a Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance-who actually recognises a Surf?

Just going through all the websites looking for insurance quotes. AAARGH!!!

Who actually lists a Surf as a Surf? I can find a few with 4runners on, but the only one that recognises a Surf as a Surf only has the 2.5 and petrol engines on there...

have a look here
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20368
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Adrian flux,elephant, directline,to name a few. I'm sure there will someone along with more info for you. Surfs are imports 4runners are Uk. Some insurance companies won't insure jap imports but will insure 4runners so I would insure it as a 4runner. I'm with elephant for around 500 fully comp so they might be worth a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
        Adrian flux,elephant, directline,to name a few. I'm sure there will someone along with more info for you. Surfs are imports 4runners are Uk. Some insurance companies won't insure jap imports but will insure 4runners so I would insure it as a 4runner. I'm with elephant for around 500 fully comp so they might be worth a shout.
        That's just asking for trouble. There are plenty of insurers who will cover the Surf, whatever you do don't try and pass it off as a 4 Runner. If anything happens, claim wise, the insurance company will not honour your claim.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          That's just asking for trouble. There are plenty of insurers who will cover the Surf, whatever you do don't try and pass it off as a 4 Runner. If anything happens, claim wise, the insurance company will not honour your claim.
          Oddly, the reg number of the one I'm looking up comes up as 'Hilux Surf (4runner)' on the odd site that knows what it is. However, they want £600+ for TPFT!!!
          I'm 39 with 8 years NCB and no convictions...

Comment

Originally posted by nos4ra2 View Post
            Oddly, the reg number of the one I'm looking up comes up as 'Hilux Surf (4runner)' on the odd site that knows what it is. However, they want £600+ for TPFT!!!
            I'm 39 with 8 years NCB and no convictions...
            That should cover you - I can't remember exactly what it says on my insurance docs but it's something along those lines, along with "Import" or "Japanese Import" or whatever.

Comment

Hi mate,

Try TESCO. I'm Fully comp, N.C.D. protected, temp car, and legal protection.
              Policy schedule states, Toyota Hilux 2.4td Surf SSR.
              £324.45 per, or £238.35 for a bare bones (F.C.) policy.
              Hope this helps.

Gman.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                Yeah you're right mate! On reading it again that wasn't good advice!!!
                Insurance companies will rip you for telling lies!!

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                  Hi mate,

Try TESCO. I'm Fully comp, N.C.D. protected, temp car, and legal protection.
                  Policy schedule states, Toyota Hilux 2.4td Surf SSR.
                  £324.45 per, or £238.35 for a bare bones (F.C.) policy.
                  Hope this helps.

Gman.
                  Thanks for that

Was that via their website or a phone quote?

Comment

Oddly, the tesco insurance site shows it as a 4runner!

Comment

Originally posted by nos4ra2 View Post
                      Thanks for that

Was that via their website or a phone quote?
                      It's via the website, get a quote, phone them and they should
                      change any details that need changing, tell them you don't want
                      to pay any more, because the website can't find you car.

Gman.
                      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                        It's via the website, get a quote, phone them and they should
                        change any details that need changing, tell them you don't want
                        to pay any more, because the website can't find you car.

Gman.
                        Thanks, very much appreciated

Comment

I do mine through Direct line no worries just a £500 excess.i pay £21 per month for 11 months not bad i reckon. but i am an old git

Comment

My renewal from Flux has jumped from £240 last year to £440 this time around.

Looks like a day spent on the phone will be needed this week.
                            Brian

Comment

Jesus,and I thought my requote on the Mu of £362 from £300 was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X