• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
    did i say LC springs???

be accurate in yoru own quotes!!

I said and I'll quote

which is why i decided to buy the roughtrax ones as I'd heard much better reports about them..

that is all
    The OP asked an we were discussing LC Springs, try answering the question asked.
    Instead of "I heard from a guy in a pub once" I have fitted the springs the OP asked about to a number of trucks, that is why I answered his question "what LC springs?"
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      The OP asked an we were discussing LC Springs, try answering the question asked.
      Instead of "I heard from a guy in a pub once" I have fitted the springs the OP asked about to a number of trucks, that is why I answered his question "what LC springs?"
      WTF - the OP orignal quesion asked

Originally posted by garry View Post
      OK.........
      its been established all over the forum about what needs doing to the suspension etc.
      what would the cost be for somebody to do it ie.
      pay one of you guy's to supply all the relevent gear and do whatever was necessary on a 2.4 2nd Gen or if it were to go into a garage.

lets say all the gear to give a 2" lift all round and be stiffer on the back for a fully laden boot.

I basicly carry a heavy weight in this most of the time and on this pic its empty I want to give it a meaner look :
      to which i answered giving my input that I opted to go for the roughtrax 2" springs and munroe shocks following advice form others on here and went to see TonyN to get them fitted

what i had read up on other forums that in general milners products seem to be a lesser standard to the roughtrax ones - even Tony told me the very same

if thats not answering his original question then I'm fooked if i know what is!!

Comment

Yoshie, why do you always jump on people looking for a fight? There's no need for it. It was just a simple reply, offering advice to be helpful? Who cares if it is 100% correct or not?

I like using this forum, and it has saved me a lot of money. People shouldn't feel like they are not allowed to post incase someone jumps down their throat for not being absolutely accurate with descriptions etc?

Chill out man!

(your truck looks ace in the pics btw)
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Yoshie is Yoshie, you have to take the rough with the smooth...

I've changed broken 'Milners' springs, I've also seen broken Procomp springs, which I'd guess is why R/T stopped selling them years ago. Never seen broken R/T spring since Barry started selling the Scandanavian ones, which is what I told Lawsy when he was asking about springs.....

(BTW, OP didn't actually ask about LC springs, and I like to think I know more than the man down the pub, so Lawsy does have a reason to stick up for himself, this time , Yoshies usually reliable Muppet Radar must be stuck today........ )

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            Yoshies usually reliable Muppet Radar must be stuck today.

Yup...stuck in 1974, with his chelsea boots and side burns.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

oops i only asked............

yoshie i think i may have seen that truck if its the one that sparks ie. blackpool sparks had.
              i think it was the one he went to a very small local car show in a few years ago whilst i was showing my TR7 if it was the very same then it did have some nice height going on without looking too much for the road.

anyways the bottom line is the Lc springs i posted the link for are the ones to go for if.......
              as i said before fully laden it measures 10.5" from rim to arch
              with standard springs unladen it should be 13.5" from rim to arch
              so fully with Lc springs, laden it should sit at 13.5"
              so unladen with Lc springs, laden it should sit at 16.5"

i need to remember to rotate them to avoid needing seats i take it thats in a clock wise or anti clockwise as opose to upside down

Comment

thanks for the info by the way guy's

Comment

Working...
                X