Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift again...........

OK.........
    its been established all over the forum about what needs doing to the suspension etc.
    what would the cost be for somebody to do it ie.
    pay one of you guy's to supply all the relevent gear and do whatever was necessary on a 2.4 2nd Gen or if it were to go into a garage.

lets say all the gear to give a 2" lift all round and be stiffer on the back for a fully laden boot.

I basicly carry a heavy weight in this most of the time and on this pic its empty I want to give it a meaner look :

Cheapest way for what you state.

LC springs £50
    Wind torsion bars free.

Time 2hr labour max
    Brian

Comment

Yeah i agree with Yoshie.

Very simple, and will change the look dramatically. I put the 2" RoughTrax springs on mine before i did any of the other mods and it lifted it's ass straight back up, and it hardly moves when it's fully loaded - i remember my original springs - like yours - looked sad and droopy, and thats empty!

The distance from the top of your rims to the under side of the wheel arch SHOULD be 13.5" as standard, if you go out and measure, i bet you are looking at about 11"-11.5" MAX.

"That 2" makes ALL the difference" !
      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

just measured from rim to the underside of the of the arch and I get 10.5"
        thats low

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
          Cheapest way for what you state.

LC springs £50
          Wind torsion bars free.

Time 2hr labour max
          i have just looked at the millners site and have found several LC springs and the woman on the phone didn't know which ones to recommend any chance of a link or listing number cheers
          I'm guessing these ones:
          http://www.milneroffroad.com/categor...?cID=11455&p=2
          and also will my standard shocks be ok to use with these springs or do i need plus 2" of those a swell i have read both are ok

time for more research i know "SORRY"

Comment

Thats the ones, your shocks will be fine for road use.

If you are going off road I would get +2 or +3 shocks.

Those springs will give 3" of lift or by the looks of your truck at the min about 6"
            Brian

Comment

Thats the ones, your shocks will be fine for road use.

If you are going off road I would get +2 or +3 shocks.

Those springs will give 3" of lift or by the looks of your truck at the min about 6"
              Yoshie don't you have to use some sort of 'seat' for the LC springs to sit right? I think i'll be putting these on along with +2 shocks at some point..
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

cheers thanks for that...

6" lift hey better ring nassa

Comment

I have standard L/C springs on mine, they still give the lift and carrying capacity but are still soft enough to give a comfy ride when the truck is empty.
                  They are slightly thinner than the light blue heavy duty springs so they don't need the seats to hold them in place.

Just thought I'd throw that in and create a bit of dust!

Oh and Garry, clean those bluddie wheels mate!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Just thought I'd throw that in and create a bit of dust!

Oh and Garry, clean those bluddie wheels mate!
                    dust i can cope with just don't throw in a sandstorm or i'll be really confused
                    as for the wheels here ya go.......

Comment

bl00dy hell Garry, it looks like you are hitched up to that caravan with the arse sat that low!
                      You will be well happy with the lifted springs mate
                      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

no fear of that its a motorhome lol
                        but i get you point....

Comment

go onto roughtrax, and look at the individual sprinsg (i've seen and read reports of the milner sones breaking after a year)

I purchased +2 front n rear munroe shocks and 2" rear springs

went to see TonyN to get them fitted and its like a new truck

I've wound the torsion bars up 1/2" at a time and now got it sitting level

trucks 2" higher than standard now which is around 4" at the back and 2.5 front

looks great, rides great and I'm very happy

through roughtrax and a discount code I paid about £235 for the shocks and springs delivered (but i did the beat the VAT hike)

I want it higher now, but thats a job for another day when the spare change bottle is full up again

Comment

LC HDJ springs prone to breaking after a year.

What a load of bull, if you are going to give advice it would helpful if it were accurate.

If you rotate the LC spring you will find the best position.

LC's on my old 2nd gen no spring locators and after 3yrs of the below, they never had an issue. Sparks then bought it did the same and sold it on, still sitting on the same springs.

Last edited by yoshie; 11 February 2011, 11:08.
                            Brian

Comment

LC HDJ springs prone to breaking after a year.

What a load of bull, if you are going to give advice it would helpful if it were accurate.
                              did i say LC springs break?????

be accurate in your own quotes!!

I said and I'll quote

go onto roughtrax, and look at the individual sprinsg (i've seen and read reports of the milner sones breaking after a year)
                              which is why i decided to buy the roughtrax ones as I'd heard much better reports about them..

that is all

Comment

Working...
                              X