wanted 1 X roof bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted 1 X roof bar

Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum. I've just bought a 1992 surf of my father and I'm planning to make my own light bar from a roof bar.

If anyone has got a roof bar spare, I would be interested in buying it

Thanks

Roof bars

Originally posted by Jameseng View Post
    Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum. I've just bought a 1992 surf of my father and I'm planning to make my own light bar from a roof bar.

If anyone has got a roof bar spare, I would be interested in buying it

Thanks

James, I have fitted two roof bars that fit front to rear,off a peugeot 405 I think,look good,I then got two bars that fit from side to side from a breakers yard,but did not like them when fitted.So I fitted an A bar,again from a breaker,with two fog,two flood and two spots,a total of nearly 1000 watts.And I can still get in car parks with a barrier.In fact Blackpool complain when I drive on full beam !You can have both bars for nowt if you can use them.If so my mobile number is 07943 466648
    regards, Alan

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
      James, I have fitted two roof bars that fit front to rear,off a peugeot 405 I think,look good,I then got two bars that fit from side to side from a breakers yard,but did not like them when fitted.So I fitted an A bar,again from a breaker,with two fog,two flood and two spots,a total of nearly 1000 watts.And I can still get in car parks with a barrier.In fact Blackpool complain when I drive on full beam !You can have both bars for nowt if you can use them.If so my mobile number is 07943 466648
      regards, Alan
      Sorry for my late reply.

Wow, thank you very much for the offer !That's very kind.

I'm guessing from your description the roof bars aren't the ones which can be fitted to the surfs without roof rails ?

regards, James

Comment

roof bars

James,the roof bars I fitted have three "bolt through the roof mounting points",one above the drivers seat,one above the c post and one at the rear,I sprayed them silver so they stand out more.The two roof bars that are going spare fit across the car and bolt onto these other bars.They can be drilled to take spots or whatever you want,but as I said,my lights are on the roo bar and give an amazing amount of light.You could melt a Reliant Robin at 30 yards(should you want to)Personally I am not keen on roof lights,they do look good,but you have all the probs of low car park roofs,getting the cables into the vehicle.Whereas if they are roo bar mounted then you only have to feed the cables into the engine bay,fit the relays and job done.If you have a mobile that can accept photos I will send you a picture of my truck and you can make your mind up.As I said,if you want them they are free,let me know,regards,Alan

Comment

Hi any pics of the bars Al.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Roof bars

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
            Hi any pics of the bars Al.
            Hi Lux,If you want to send me your mobile number(if your phone accepts photos)to 07943 466648, or email address,mine is millydash@live.co.uk(dont ask) i will try to send you some pictures.I will correct that,I will get my daughter to send them to you,I am useless on this and consider the web to be akin to witchcraft ,regards,Alan
            Last edited by HONEST AL; 24 February 2011, 23:35.

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
              James,the roof bars I fitted have three "bolt through the roof mounting points",one above the drivers seat,one above the c post and one at the rear,I sprayed them silver so they stand out more.The two roof bars that are going spare fit across the car and bolt onto these other bars.They can be drilled to take spots or whatever you want,but as I said,my lights are on the roo bar and give an amazing amount of light.You could melt a Reliant Robin at 30 yards(should you want to)Personally I am not keen on roof lights,they do look good,but you have all the probs of low car park roofs,getting the cables into the vehicle.Whereas if they are roo bar mounted then you only have to feed the cables into the engine bay,fit the relays and job done.If you have a mobile that can accept photos I will send you a picture of my truck and you can make your mind up.As I said,if you want them they are free,let me know,regards,Alan
              Hi Alun,

Once again thanks for your reply and offer. I've bought a side to side roof bar as I didn't fancy drilling into the roof.

I would however be very grateful if you could still send me (if its not to much trouble) photos of the truck to jamesfahy@hotmail.co.uk.

Many thanks

James

Comment

Roof bars

James,not a problem,to be truthful I wasnt sure that what I had would have suited you,will hang on to them till someone need them,not taking up much room in shed.I will do my best to send you some pictures,my youngest is here tomorrow and she said she will sort it for me.Bear with me,as I said I am not really au fait with this internet stuff.Been under mine for most of this afternoon,oil fuel and air filters,13 grease nipples to sort,aching all over,all the fun of the fair as they say.When photos ready,will email you first to let you know they are on the way, ALAN
                P.S. have you any idea how to put photos on here,I am lost, A
                Last edited by HONEST AL; 24 February 2011, 23:35.

Comment

Photos

James,have sent you some pics this a.m.,to your email address,let me know if you got them.Still unsure as to how to send them to this site,&/or how to include them with a thread,I dont want to send the wrong ones.That could get me in deep glabber,Alan

Comment

photos re above

Going to try this,apologies if any photos are of young ladies with no clothes on, and no,you cant have copies,Alan
                    Last edited by HONEST AL; 30 March 2012, 18:22.

Comment

HAHA, Thanks very much Alun, those photos have certainly given me some ideas for the future and those roof bars look very smart indeed.

I may also add what lovely condition that Hilux is in, sadly mine is long way past that !

Comment

Roof bars

Hells Bells James,where you been for the last fortnight,thought you had snuffed it.
                        Thanks for nice comments on surf,work in progress as they say,Alan

Comment

Working...
                        X