Red LED Tail & Stop Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red LED Tail & Stop Lights

Finally got around to fitting them this morning (first time I've been outside in 10 days due to swine flu!)

I must admit they are definitely brighter and more red than the previous normal filament type bulbs that I had in.

I'll post some pics up later as the sun is shining at the moment, a rare occurence!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

It's actually pretty warm out now! Bit nippy this morning though.

Look forward to seeing the pics. Mine still havent arrived yet. Hopefully this week. If they come from Hong Kong then it's usually between 2 and 4 weeks delivery.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Here are a few pics, unfortunately they don't show how good these LED bulbs are. Although they look pink / orange in some of the pictures they are very bright and very red!

Comment

Oh yes very bling mate.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I said I was going to reply when I put mine in, and I forgot.
          Installed same ones two weekends ago, I am more than pleased.

Did you get the indicator relay for the indicator LEDs? and if so, where is the little beggar? I've got my lower dash off and my head hitting the accelerator and I still couldn't locate it.
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I didn't bother with the LED indicator bulbs as the ordinary ones seem more than adequate for the job.

Plus I can't be bothered to f@nny about with resistors and what not just to get them to flash correctly.

Comment

Couldn't you just splice a resistor into the wiring in the back of each cluster to imitate a bigger bulb?

LED stop lights look wicked. That's my kind of 3rd gen.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                Couldn't you just splice a resistor into the wiring in the back of each cluster to imitate a bigger bulb?
                To make it appear to be an Amaryllis rather than a Tulip?
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yea, that's option 2, I just wanted it to be more like OEM rather that RC.

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  To make it appear to be an Amaryllis rather than a Tulip?
                  I think of it as more plaid than tartan
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

To be honest, all of this technical talk is going way over my head.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Can't be A**** with external resistors either, CANbus stuff is slowly appearing (built in resistors)

Back in the day Baby

Comment

OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer (Like Toyota would do it)

RC - Robinson Crusoe (Like Tobyjug would do it), but then again thats before your time.
                        Just search home made snorkel and look for a thread started by him, you'll understand.
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Amaryllis - A big plant which grows from a big bulb.
                          Tulip - A smaller planr that grows from a smaller bulb.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            Amaryllis - A big plant which grows from a big bulb.
                            Tulip - A smaller planr that grows from a smaller bulb.
                            That would make the tulip the light bulb of those two then...

(assuming uniform density, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                              RC - Robinson Crusoe (Like Tobyjug would do it), but then again thats before your time.
                              Just search home made snorkel and look for a thread started by him, you'll understand.
                              I thought it was Heath Robinson, not Robinson Crusoe!

Ah, yes. Tobyjugs toadstool snorkel, an all time classic!

Comment

Working...
                              X