BIG propshafts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG propshafts!

Just had to disconnect the transfer box output props on a 32 tonne MAN 8 wheel drive bridging vehicle. Hour and a half, a huge amount of grunts, and some long breaker bars later they're off and sitting on axle stands.

Bigger than Hummer shafts Gra!!!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Is that one of those Huge trucks with all the fancy gizmos in the cab and a huge aircon unit ? I didn't realise Mil trucks could have such creature comforts ? and here's me looking at rag top cab Reo's I must be mad
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I know what you mean but when you look at American vehicles, air-con has been around since I don't know how long!

Any photos Andy?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Cant take pics of this one - pretty cool though. Looks like a Thunderbirds vehicle

Comment

Penelope Pitstop?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Cant take pics of this one - pretty cool though. Looks like a Thunderbirds vehicle
            Fully understand about the pics Andy, as Craig would say 'The gucci gear is pretty hot stuff) We've come a long way since the Bedford !

Comment

A quick google images search on 32 tonne MAN 8 wheel drive bridging vehicle produces some interesting results...

Comment

what no pics?
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

He'll show you them, but then he'll have to kill ya!

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                    Is that one of those Huge trucks with all the fancy gizmos in the cab and a huge aircon unit ? I didn't realise Mil trucks could have such creature comforts ? and here's me looking at rag top cab Reo's I must be mad
                    One of the chaps supporting it is in a syndicate of 3 who own a Scimitar in black and green 'Falklands' camo. He owns a Rolls Royce petrol engined Spartan and a Stalwart he's rebuilding. Cool toys!

Comment

Oh the tracked stuff ! I keep well clear of that stuff ! we have enough problems moving the BARV ( the cent with a chimney) now a stolly ? I want the one from Leconfield, a swimmer and fully restored !

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Just had to disconnect the transfer box output props on a 32 tonne MAN 8 wheel drive bridging vehicle. Hour and a half, a huge amount of grunts, and some long breaker bars later they're off and sitting on axle stands.

Bigger than Hummer shafts Gra!!!
                        Proper German stuff...not like this poxy GM rubbish. Hummer props aint nothing special andy...so put 5-6 sections together, its a big bunch of ar$e.
                        Dont deal with that shoite no more anyhows...
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

So now you have Zapped it and pulled it to bits, will you put it back together then we can bid for it at Withams ?

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            Proper German stuff...not like this poxy GM rubbish. Hummer props aint nothing special andy...so put 5-6 sections together, its a big bunch of ar$e.
                            Ditched the Hummers now then have you Gra, can't say I blame you .
                            Neal

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              They were covered in shoite too. They never jet wash this stuff do they? Gits!

John, the chap at work showed me this. His isn't in as good nick yet, but this guy is craaaazy!!
                              Last edited by Apache; 7 February 2011, 22:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X