No announcement yet.

Temperature sender unit "location"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this shows 2 water temp sensors, but whether you can see where they are from this I don't know.

closer in

Comment

Si,
      Can you post a picture if where you've fitted the new gauge.
      Cheers
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

83420 here -

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...APXT_8401.html

Aftermarket gauge will probably not work with factory sender.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
          Si,
          Can you post a picture if where you've fitted the new gauge.
          Cheers
          No, you can pi$$off after your hurtful comment.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Right, bit of a problem.
            Found sender but the new one is a smaller thread, what now?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              Why do we bother fitting an aux temp sender? I didn't know we could wire up an aux gauge to the same sender. Would have saved me a couple hours last sunday fitting the alloy housing, sender and mullering my hose. Then finding the temp sender seeps water, then driving to B&Q, getting some PTFE, driving home, removing temp sender, burning water spurted out over me, then refitting said sender and jobs a goodun.
              I think it's going to be a case of me doing the same as you, only without the burning of hands & leaks "well hopefully".
              Which hose did you tap into mate & what did you use to house the sender?

Comment

Si, I bought one of these as recommended by Blackpoolsparks
                http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?mai...fdb1088028355b

I wired this in last weekend into my top hose. I simply cut the top hose and removed a small measured amount of hose so I could fit this in. I didn't remove that much as I wanted the top hose to be a little longer as I have some body lift and have found the top hose dripped the other month and I think it was due to engine movement and tugging on the hose.

When I got my auto electrician to wire everything up propperly he said I didn't need to fit one of those. He said all the temp sender is, is a resistive earth and he could have wired up the Aux gauge to the Toyota sender which would have saved me, time / money.

I suppose the benefit for me is that I now have redundant temp monitors on separate circuits. If one ever packed up I have the other.

As niftynev said, the aux gauge may not work on the Toyota sender... Not knowing what type of temp sender the Toyota one is I cant say for sure if it will. You could wire it up to try it? All you would have to do is splice into the wire from the sender to your gauge and then earth the earth side of your gauge to your cars earth (battery would be a good test point in case it didnt work).
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

\don't forget if you use a housing for the auxhilliary temp sender unit that is installed with only a hose connection ast either end that you will need to fit an earth wire between the housing and earth for the sender to work properly. There is usually a threaded hole on the housing to attached a ring connector by a small bolt.
                  Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
                    \don't forget if you use a housing for the auxhilliary temp sender unit that is installed with only a hose connection ast either end that you will need to fit an earth wire between the housing and earth for the sender to work properly. There is usually a threaded hole on the housing to attached a ring connector by a small bolt.
                    That temp housing comes with a sender with a separate signal and earth. It does have a space for an additional earth, though.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Tony, I connected the the wire from the new gauge to the Toyota one but the reading was saying 115 degrees but when I put it back to the normal gauge it wasn't even at half way so it doesn't work. I think it's best to have 2 going at the same time anyway, like you said you can compare them both.

Rspec Is where I got my gauge from aswell.

Comment

On mine Si when the dash temp is at half way the aux gauge is just about moving from the 40c mark.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Is the top hose on the 3rd gen same as the second gen "38mm"?

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                            No, you can pi$$off after your hurtful comment.
                            Dosent look that goog then, eh?
                            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

My truck got up to 96 or so on the aux gauge and barely moved to halfway on the dash gauge. the dash gauges on these trucks are pants!
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                                On mine Si when the dash temp is at half way the aux gauge is just about moving from the 40c mark.
                                Truck should run about 90c
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X