nightmare.of.surf fixed thanks to forum and storm force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightmare.of.surf fixed thanks to forum and storm force

Right went to pick up car of our dreamp a 2nd gen ssxr 2.4td surf mi.t ahe is traviled from cornwall the yeovil bout 127 miles only for the temp to go sky high 50miles in and for the aa man to conferm that the head had gone ...so after slowley chugging the rest of the way home got in and started plugging away on internet orderded the manual and luck has it a mate of mine knows stormforce and they both managed to conferm head problems and there was nothing i could do untill i got the head off ...so there i went at it may i add iv never done any thing like this befor took me few days scratching head and looking at sketchy photos and wrecking stormforces head with phone call. Got the cylinder head off looked at it and it didnt looked cracked so there.i put it in the back of me little clio off to the head doctor ... After a weekend of twitching looking at my phone got phone call from them to say it wasnt cracked.and was a newish head and who ever fitted it was a muppet .. Skimed it and i went back at is scratching phoning and looking only took bout 3hours to put her back on with all the hoses.and wires that i marked up and got blanking plates.for egr off.stormforce .. I was only left with 6 bolts ... I was impressed .. Held breath and turned the key after 15mins gave up had a beer and cryed a little .. Again phone up and was told to keep plugging at it bingo she started puring like.a.kitten with very little smoke .. So today changed.oil filter and oil and took her for a stedy 80 mile round trip and by the end no smoke no coolent missing and no over heating ... So that my pointless story and sorry bout wasting ya time but if your there.worryed.about a new head im sure if youv.got a.surf.you can do it ya self i did... And thank again every one this site is the bomb .. Ps typing this on my phone as laptop buggered next thing on list .... Chears guys
Working...
X