mobility scooters ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobility scooters ????

i just picked up a mobility scooters 2day, and don't have any idea how to price it any one on here know ? it's the one in the link below , took it into the shop down the road and the offered 150 without looking and they had the same one in the window secondhand for 700 so think they are trying to rip me off, and where do you sell such a thing ?

http://www.mobilitysmart.cc/index.ph...d=10423&cid=44
    http://www.mudmuppet.com

If the guy is ripping you off by offering you £150 and you paid less than £150 for it, you ripped the seller off?

Sell it in the Thieve's Gazette or Gumtree.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

my granddad paid over a grand for it about 9 months ago

Comment

When you say you picked up a mobility scooter do you mean you.................oh never mind.

I can't be arsed tonight!

Comment

find someone who is skint and needs one and sell it to them for whatever it cost you +expenses. Get in touch with local hospice or health visitor to find a suitable candidate. Making money off the elderly/infirm is a ****s trick.
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Or try eBay mate or something similar or put ads up I'n your local shops like asda for example or local paper I've never sold one but that's what I'd do if it was me.
            UBIQUE

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
              find someone who is skint and needs one and sell it to them for whatever it cost you +expenses. Get in touch with local hospice or health visitor to find a suitable candidate. Making money off the elderly/infirm is a ****s trick.
              i'm not trying to rip them off just trying to get some money back for my grandfather as he's the bloke that raised and fed me till the age of 18

Comment

Originally posted by lukenemma View Post
                i'm not trying to rip them off just trying to get some money back for my grandfather as he's the bloke that raised and fed me till the age of 18
                Well give him what he paid for the scooter (tell him that's wat you sold it for); then pass the scooter on to a charity, 2 warm fuzzy sensations at the same time...
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Your pops paid over a grand, it's for sale down the road for £700.
                  You were offered £150 and thought you were getting ripped off. {I agree}

What is it you are asking here? you appear to have a very good idea what you want for it.
                  Brian

Comment

to be honest if i got 150 for it and it when to good use then i'd be happy but i've put an add up for 300 as it's like new and if i had the money i probly would just give it away and take the loss but i lost my job saturday

Comment

Everything to do with the "mobility" industry is a ripp off, mention "mobility" and it's useually three times the normal price, be it scooters, car upgrades for mobility, bathroon "aid's" etc etc, the soddin list is endless, thats why i'm haveing a go at makeing a fully air opperated step/lift for the truck, if i took it to a mobility place they could prob do it for 5k, it being a "one off" in which case it'd be easier and cheaper to get rid of the truck and get a more suitable car, trouble is we both like the surf so i'm haveing a go at it, and if it wern't for guys like "Webbo" i wouldn't be able to even do that,
                      as for scooters, my wife paid over a grand for a "midi range" scooter which goes on ebay for about 3-4 hundred, i'm looking at getting rid and getting a smaller/lighter one as i struggle to lift this one in the back, she only uses the fecker for supermarkets etc,
                      personally i think the dam things are a menace, my wifes very carefull but some aint, theres no training or test for these things, anyone can get one and go cause havok down the high street etc, and the larger long range desert group versions are quite powerfull things,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

popeye do ypu want to swap as this one is a small ish one ? and go's into the surf with ease and i could probly help with a step my number is 07523560124

Comment

Originally posted by lukenemma View Post
                          popeye do ypu want to swap as this one is a small ish one ? and go's into the surf with ease and i could probly help with a step my number is 07523560124
                          I might well do mate, is your in fair condiction etc? this is hers, shoprider take no notice of the shoes, dog or that "plastic box" attached to it, i doubled up on the batterys to give her a longer range and she never bothered!! i'll remove that, has your got it's charger and do you know if the batterys are good, ours had new ones about 8 months ago,
                          i've no idea where "Leigh" is so dunno about swoping etc, but if it's ok i'll give you a call this evening,

to be honest, i looked on ebay a couple of times and there were some fair priced small scooters about but they all seem to be up north so time i fork out on fuel it aint worth the trip,
                          Attached Files

Comment

leigh is manchester mate,he lives next door to me,cant believe your swapping mobility scooters,cant believe im rolling in these circles,im getting old

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                              leigh is manchester mate,he lives next door to me,cant believe your swapping mobility scooters,cant believe im rolling in these circles,im getting old
                              Well i guess a swops out then, fecked if i'm driveing up there (again)
                              last time was to pick up a dog and my daughter dam near gave birth in my truck, had to leave her and the wife at the john radcliff, didn't even get to see my old birthplace on that trip (oldham), met some members tho, Charlie (Chillitt) and Marky (for the dog) and Jon

If you stick some spare batterys on it you could drive it down for me, take your time and see england,
                              i'll introduce you to the southern chapter of hells pensioners

Comment

Working...
                              X