yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats this bit called? How is it replaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wee tip, you can get shrink sleeving to go over the adjuster rods as they are being rebuilt, heat em up and they will keep the rods in good nick. Or assemble with lots of copperslip.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      Wee tip, you can get shrink sleeving to go over the adjuster rods as they are being rebuilt, heat em up and they will keep the rods in good nick. Or assemble with lots of copperslip.
      Thanks for this!
      Another note, are you interested in those wheels?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

It was a good series but judging by their last effort I hope they don't try to make a new one.
        Are these track rod ends a big job? I don't need to do them but am just curious.

Kerrsurf, where can you get shrink sleeving big enough to go over these, I've only ever found the smaller electrical sleeving but always thought a biger version would be quite usefull?
        Neal

Comment

It does'nt look like a big job TBH. It's just a split pin and a crown nut at each end. Probably wont even have to jack the truck up. Although if they are stuck in as stiff as upper / lower ball joints are that will be fun.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Not too bad then, for some reason I pictured it as being more involved.
            Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
              It was a good series but judging by their last effort I hope they don't try to make a new one.
              Are these track rod ends a big job? I don't need to do them but am just curious.

Kerrsurf, where can you get shrink sleeving big enough to go over these, I've only ever found the smaller electrical sleeving but always thought a biger version would be quite usefull?
              I think Bushwhacker posted a link once. I just used the copperslip.
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                Thanks for this!
                Another note, are you interested in those wheels?
                mail me pics, condition and price please.

I'll delete this post once you reply to thread again. cheers.
                Last edited by KERRSURF; 2 February 2011, 18:23.
                Alan

Comment

I have a complete set of tre's and adjuster tubes if your interested Tony.Make a suitable offer for them as they are new and still wrapped
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                  X