No announcement yet.

Leather Interior ....... Is this rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Interior ....... Is this rare?

Hi there,I parked up the other day in a motorway services,got my coffee etc and got back to my vehicle and was surprised to see another surf parked next to it and a chap peering through my windows.He was asking me where i got the vehicle,and made a remark on how rare the leather interior was!Infact he went on to say that he had never seen another in leather!Now its a fantastic vehicle,infact probably the best vehicle ive ever owned,but im now curious about this comment,also he told me several parts underneath were very desireable extras.LSDs etc.The leather certainley looks well done and has the toyota logos,it is all leather which is unsusual as usually the non essential bits are pvc,even the door cards are all trimmed in perforated leather!He wasnt on this forum,but I now really curious about this and just wondered what other people thought of this?Thanks TC

Get some pics up, in my limited Surf experience I've never heard of a dedicated leather interior, LSD rare..ish

Back in the day Baby

Comment

No, most Surfs have leather, it really is common.
      You would be better off swapping with my cloth interior.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

i had penty of cows in my surf if that helps
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBob View Post
            Hi there,I parked up the other day in a motorway services,got my coffee etc and got back to my vehicle and was surprised to see another surf parked next to it and a chap peering through my windows.He was asking me where i got the vehicle,and made a remark on how rare the leather interior was!Infact he went on to say that he had never seen another in leather!Now its a fantastic vehicle,infact probably the best vehicle ive ever owned,but im now curious about this comment,also he told me several parts underneath were very desireable extras.LSDs etc.The leather certainley looks well done and has the toyota logos,it is all leather which is unsusual as usually the non essential bits are pvc,even the door cards are all trimmed in perforated leather!He wasnt on this forum,but I now really curious about this and just wondered what other people thought of this?Thanks TC
            Hi Bob. Put some details in your user profile, and We'll know wether you are Gen 2 or 3, LHD or RHD. AFAIK Gen 2 SURFS were'nt available from the factory with leather, but there are some knocking around that have been done by upholstery shops. You are much more likely to find leather in LHD, but they are mostly US spec SR5 4Runners. See Yotatech for pics....Cheers....Mick
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Never, ever seen a Surf with factory leather, and I see lots!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have seen pictures of one or two US 4runners with leather, but never a surf.

Comment

mines got leather but it came from katzkin as a kit - the original seats got wrecked at work.

Comment

pics would be nice
                    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Pics please!
                      I'm betting that a wealthy owner in Japan had it custom covered with matching logo's.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Would'nt it have been nice, if, on production, Toyota had added just that one extra item to the Surf "spec".......LEATHER!...Cheers ....Mick.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The steering wheel is on the wrong side
                          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                            The steering wheel is on the wrong side
                            Its a US 4Runner.

Comment

me and greeley spotted a gen2 surf with leather recoaro's last Sunday
                              http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Working...
                              X