Travelling overland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling overland!

An acquaintence will be travelling with a friend thru Europe, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia, back into Russia, and down to Vladivostok.
    He is not using a 4 x 4 but is using a 1938 Morris 25. He is of the opinion that if a newish 4 x 4 broke down in those areas it is unlikely that he will be able to get it fixed or that they will even know what electronics i.e. computer is! at least with an old car like that, bits shoudl eb available. They are hoping to leave in March this year.
    See picture of car attached.
    Attached Files

A few years ago a club here done a Belgrade to Vladivostok run.
    Had to be in a Lada Niva because of the spares situation.
    I think the main Lada factory is in Vladivostok.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

bonkers - some of the potholes are bigger than that car - you are pushed to get bits for that in the uk so i would imagine they wont have anything for it.
      best to fill the boot with stub axles - the steering on that old tub will fall apart.

lots of luck - an old land cruiser is the best bet - all those countries have them

Comment

I should have added that he has already done another overland trip in it. It is a Morris and nothing kills a Morris except a Surf hitting it head on!

Comment

Working...
        X