hot melt glue guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot melt glue guns

i'm looking for one, what do you think of this one, any good? or other reccomendations! Ta
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELECTRIC-HOT-M...item4ce7f43ff0
    ment to ask are the glue sticks a standard size etc, will they fit all guns?
    Last edited by POPEYE; 27 January 2011, 08:00.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I got a freebie one, which works OK but tends to dribble if left on for longer than 10 mins or so.

In general, they're the best thing since sliced bread though!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I've got two glue guns, one about 6" long the other about 3". The bigger one uses a stick about 10mm dia. the smaller uses about 6mm dia. think these might be the two standard sizes. That e-bay one should be worth a punt at a fiver.

Comment

Cheers guys, just ordered the one in the link and also a led head band light, wanted one of them for ages but never got round to buying one, the glue gun will be very handy as i'm redoing the roof console and makeing some boxwork up in the back which will be covered in carpet, cheers.
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I got a second hand glue gun from a local second hand shop ian. It takes cartridges, that are about 5mm diameter. I get them from the range. I don't reckon it's as good as sliced bread, but better than uncut.
          bleedin handy bit of kit.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

When it comes to glue guns check how many watts. 15W are pretty well useless. I have a 60W.

Nev

Comment

Hi Ian

I think Aldi are doing hot melt glue guns this week & the glue sticks as well. If you've already ordered the gun might be worth a trip to aldi for extra glue sticks, especially if you're going to start gluing down carpet.

Comment

i work in the tile business and we use them for merchandising etc - if used regular the cheap ones last 2-3 months

we bougth an industrial one for about 100 and 4 years on its still going good..

jsut a thougth tho, if your thinking of using for covering the boxes/console etc they are very messy - best thing for covering stuff would be spray glue

Comment

Working...
                X