Black Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Smoke

hi all, i recently bought my first surf ( 2.4td)1992.what a motor !!
    all going well except this cloud of black smoke i see behind me,
    is this a terminal prob ? any help /suggestions please .
    thanks

its a typical 2.4 surf so, lots of black smoke when you floor the pedal, too much fuel due maybe to injectors or fuel pump, but you get used to it

Comment

Originally posted by mcv
      hi all, i recently bought my first surf ( 2.4td)1992.what a motor !!
      all going well except this cloud of black smoke i see behind me,
      is this a terminal prob ? any help /suggestions please .
      thanks

First of all let me welcome you to the mad world of surfdom. Do you have the silly grin????????

As for your black smoke get a bottle of decent injector cleaner and put the lot in a quarter tank full of diesel and then give your surf a good run. This should clean it up a bit.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
        First of all let me welcome you to the mad world of surfdom. Do you have the silly grin????????

As for your black smoke get a bottle of decent injector cleaner and put the lot in a quarter tank full of diesel and then give your surf a good run. This should clean it up a bit.
        I was gonna say that but you beat me to it. Didn't stop me being a post whore though

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Surf and don't forget to get it muddy!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Black Smoke

Hello,

My 1992 2.4 auto, when floored, could produce enough smoke to completely screen my (sedate) getaway!!!!

I have just changed the fuel filter (about £7, local motor factors) and the difference has been amazing. The job takes a few minutes, you'll need a 12mm spanner, some rags and a container to catch any spillages. The filter is on the engie bulkhead, right hand side.

Good luck.
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

SImilare problem here! Have tried REdex, but no real change. Any ides for a decent injector cleaner?
            I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Working...
            X