Pigeons Beware !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveHMS View Post
    I've just lost my local shoot for the .22 RF, owing to the death of the farmer who owned the land.
    I'm currently looking for a shoot in order to get my FAC opened up for vermin & ground game again - the FAC renewal 2 weeks ago came back with that permission removed.
    Vermin shoots hereabouts are like hens teeth.

I'd be up for a Surf shooters group.
    Dave
    So have you lost your FAC Dave ? Did you know after 3 years of owning FAC you can apply for a full open licence so you can take your firearms on any land with the owners permission without the firearms officer surveying it. If you are struggling to keep it is there a shooting club/range near to you ? I guess I am very lucky with my land, if you google earth pe344jj Green Marsh road I just walk out of my back and front garden and all the land to the Wash I shoot plus other land in local villages.

Comment

common ground can be used in this way if
      its not too close to house's
      and your only shouting vermin
      or it used to be
      or the yorkshire folk i see just shoot anywere?

lots of shooting in the fields around here
      even more shooting in sheffield streets than the fields tho
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Sorry dave - I was meaning Ben and his wings, can easy ask about though, my neighbour up the road is a man in the know

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
          As many as I can get!! Snipe & Moorhen have been in very short supply in the past few years and none of the usual suppliers are unable to provide on a regular basis. Full skins are useable but more of a pain to deal with, takes time to cleanly skin & prepare the thing so it will cure and store well. Wings are the most used part and are much easier to deal with.

Might you be able to supply?

CHeers

Ben
          I can probably help out with moorhen when in season Sept 1st to Jan 31st, I never usually shoot them, love there eggs though, I have one shoot along a river where there are loads. As for snipe how do tell the difference between a Common Snipe and a Jack Snipe which is protected when they are flying the dyke line at 100mph..

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
            So have you lost your FAC Dave ? Did you know after 3 years of owning FAC you can apply for a full open licence so you can take your firearms on any land with the owners permission without the firearms officer surveying it. If you are struggling to keep it is there a shooting club/range near to you ? I guess I am very lucky with my land, if you google earth pe344jj Green Marsh road I just walk out of my back and front garden and all the land to the Wash I shoot plus other land in local villages.
            I've still got my FAC, I've had one since '76 & I'm a member of the NRA.
            The problem came about at renewal time, a year or so after local farmer John died - I used to shoot on his land.
            The farmland ownership fell to Johns cousins following his death & they wouldn't carry on the arrangement that I'd had with him.
            Since I could no longer get permission from him to shoot on his land, the "....shall be use for shooting... on land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot" condition was removed from my FAC.
            So, I'm looking for a friendly land owner somewhere, who will confirm to Thames Valley Police that I have permission to shoot over their land. I can then get the 'open' condition re-instated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiter View Post
              Sorry dave - I was meaning Ben and his wings, can easy ask about though, my neighbour up the road is a man in the know
              Thanks mate, dixon.bm@googlemail.com

Webbo,

Moorhen would be syperb if you could manage any. If you have access to a lot of them then I know a guy in Stooke that would take as many as you could get off your hands for a few quid. They've been in very short supply recenty.

Cheers
              Ben
              Last edited by Ben_D; 27 January 2011, 00:41.

Comment

Ben, a pair of snipe wings waiting for you, PM'd you.
                3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Working...
                X