Today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today...

...I finally finished putting the v10 back together. The cheapskate who owns it, would not have the heads pressure tested...which was quite ironic, because as I filled it with coolant, it came running out of the exhaust manifolds.
    how I chuckled...and when he stormed off in a huff and came back with the side of his dodge stoved in, a little bit of wee cane out...karma rules!

And as a footnote, the question on radio2 today was
    "what would you do if your child told you they were gay"...and directly after played ring of fire...full blown pant soaking by now....
    Non intercooled nothing.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Days like that........great.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Surely this numpty has worked out by now that it's cheaper for him to do what you say to him rather than "his way" which ultimately costs him more . This sort of thing seems to happen every time one those Hummers breaks down.
        Would have loved to have been there just to watch his reactions .
        Neal

Comment

It's when it fails to work Neal...it's everyone elses fault...the big baby.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            It's when it fails to work Neal...it's everyone elses fault...the big baby.
            There is a way to deal with people like that and it involves a big .
            Neal

Comment

If yesterday was a karma day then i must have done something nasty at some point!
              Firstly had to work on my birthday (bummer)
              Fitting a kitchen (from homebase) that the client bought/designed, so started off monday with the worktop height at the same as the old one! Only to discover the end panels were 15mm too short! So dropped the first unit down 20mm and re-aligned it! Discovered the pipes to the washing machine were now too high and needed lowering!

SO yesterday, turned off the water outside (combi system so quicker and easier than finding stopcocks)
              altered pipes, turned water back on checked for leaks! No problems!
              5 minutes later i hear water- looked around and discovered the cistern overflowing outside the back door!
              Went up to the bathroom, isolated water supply, took ballvalve apart, cleaned it up, put it back ----still overflowing!!
              Went out and got a replacement, drained remaining water from cistern by cracking nut on the overflow pipe (couldn't get a bucket under the other side, too close too the wall)
              Changed ballvallve, tightened o/f nut back up, filled cistern--bingo! no more prob with the water level
              BUT the overflow nut where i drained from is weeping, tightened it a little bit at a time to no avail. ###### thread has gone!! (plastic shite)
              Drain down again, remove overflow standpipe, put some lsx on it with ptfe on the thread! Put it all back and test!
              Time spent on a bog thats not part of the job i'm there to do!! 2.5 HOURS!!!!!!

###### KARMA MY ARSE
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Ooohhh....you need beer...now.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                  Time spent on a bog thats not part of the job i'm there to do!! 2.5 HOURS!!!!!!

###### KARMA MY ARSE
                  You spent 2.5 hours on the bog? Good effort. My legs are normally numb after 30 minutes. Must have been a good book.

Comment

Hmmm....can you come and do my kitchen ???
                    What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by meooo View Post
                      Hmmm....can you come and do my kitchen ???
                      Cost you a ###### fortune in deisel

Alan

Comment

Only to fit it...not set fire to it!

Best not go near Tonys' place....you'd never get home
                        What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by meooo View Post
                          Only to fit it...not set fire to it!

Best not go near Tonys' place....you'd never get home