Travel photography and a big 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel photography and a big 4x4

Thought I would pop this up in case anyone is interested. This is the website of a mate of mine who, aged 33, gave up his job (as a filthy banker), stuck everything he owned in a box, learned to drive, bought a Landcruiser, and set off around the world.
    The website is worth a read, and the pics are simply out of this world...
    http://www.across-then-up.com/
    For all those who were following the "bankers and their evil bonuses thread", this page is pretty funny http://www.across-then-up.com/about.html.
    Enjoy!

thanks for sharing, looks like it will be an awesome read up, just on his blogs alone - something I will save for later (not in works time)

fair play to him, its kind of the dream swmbo and i have often spoke about doing, but alas the rat race and debts has got us locked in tight for a few more years yet

Comment

There is some hilarious stuff on the blogs - some real biting satire.

From Iran:

"Iran has a reputation for religious intolerance and entrenched sexual inequality, but things are changing for the better. A new edict has been signed allowing women to attend football games for the first time in 30 years. This corrects a grave injustice - the fact that police officers were technically breaking the law every time they dragged a rape victim onto the pitch at half-time to be beheaded."

Comment

This is amazing! i am very jealous! Man, i would love to do that!
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Wouldn't we all... Sigh.

Comment

Great read, he is one lucky B, what a trip.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Great read, he is one lucky B, what a trip.
              Yeah, lucky Banker...

Awesome pics.

Gonna try what he's done later this year, and be very daring......

.....book a different resort for our "British" summer holiday!
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
              X