Webbo (or anyone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webbo (or anyone)

Hi Dave, thanks for the PM, this is the cylinder i already have, body lenght if about 17", width about 60mm, stroke is about 280mm, it's a fairly big one and a pity i dont have two, do you think it'd be man enough to raise the step with the missis on? i know a lot depends on the air pressure, if it helps the compressor is from an ambulance air suspension system as is the tank (i also have an old larger tank from a junked small comp i can adapt, perhaps i could use your smaller rams to push the step and this to lift, mayby via some sort of "pivot" method as you suggest, what do ya think,

i got this ram from a member on here that i think lived in or near Hastings, cant for the life of me remember who or i'd contact them a see if they had another ram,
    cheers Dave
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

If the ram is in good nick inside it should do the lifting OK it looks like its 2" bore. I will send the rams out to you on Fri morn if thats OK,have you got any flow control valves to control the speed of ram I should have some somewhere also what size of air pipe are you going to use ? remember any stainless bolts bits or bobs you need if I have them I will send to you Mate.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      i got this ram from a member on here that i think lived in or near Hastings, cant for the life of me remember who or i'd contact them a see if they had another ram,
      He was called Shane. User name was Woppit.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        If the ram is in good nick inside it should do the lifting OK it looks like its 2" bore. I will send the rams out to you on Fri morn if thats OK,have you got any flow control valves to control the speed of ram I should have some somewhere also what size of air pipe are you going to use ? remember any stainless bolts bits or bobs you need if I have them I will send to you Mate.
        Thanks Dave, dont forget to let me know what i owe ya!!, i have one controll valve (i'll add a pic) it's one you sent me last time although if i am useing two systems to lift and extend i will prob need another, it was a manual switch anyway you'll see what i mean, the tube i used is 6mm ID, the ram "woppit" sent was new and i never hooked it up to the step so it's not been used,
        not sure yet what else i'll need, sorry to be a PITAss mate, i'll try not to bother ya too much

Here's the pic, i did have all this plumbed up and working, it moved the ram in and out fine, it was just the step was sticking so i disconnected the ram intending to reconnect it when the step had "worn in" but never got round to it, besides i wanted to rethink the step and i only just got round to doing that
        Attached Files
        Last edited by POPEYE; 17 January 2011, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          He was called Shane. User name was Woppit.
          Thanks sancho, my god was that from memory? thats the guy, i seem to remember he was a mate of "Joker" (Dave) wonder if he still uses this site?
          i'l do a search and try a pm, it'd be handy if he had another ram the same size as this one, think he said he had a few, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            Thanks Dave, dont forget to let me know what i owe ya!!, i have one controll valve (i'll add a pic) it's one you sent me last time although if i am useing two systems to lift and extend i will prob need another, it was a manual switch anyway you'll see what i mean, the tube i used is 6mm ID, the ram "woppit" sent was new and i never hooked it up to the step so it's not been used,
            not sure yet what else i'll need, sorry to be a PITAss mate, i'll try not to bother ya too much

Here's the pic, i did have all this plumbed up and working, it moved the ram in and out fine, it was just the step was sticking so i disconnected the ram intending to reconnect it when the step had "worn in" but never got round to it, besides i wanted to rethink the step and i only just got round to doing that
            6mm ID or OD Ian ?

Comment

It's 6mm outside dia Dave sorry, thought it was inside,

Comment

Working...
              X