Paypal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal?

ive recieved an email from paypal saying that i have been picked at random for a security check & my account has been limited.

When i log in it wants to know my bank details before it will let me continue, just seems a bit suspect to me that it wants account numbers instantly instead of general security questions.

Ive made sure it is paypal im dealing with but im still not convinced, anyone else come across this?
    If its not broke don't fix it.

did you follow a link to paypal from the email.If so close it down and log into paypal as you would normally do and report the email
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      ive recieved an email from paypal saying that i have been picked at random for a security check & my account has been limited.

When i log in it wants to know my bank details before it will let me continue, just seems a bit suspect to me that it wants account numbers instantly instead of general security questions.

Ive made sure it is paypal im dealing with but im still not convinced, anyone else come across this?
      Yes mate many times before over the yrs, its normal. its been a pain in my ass aswell coz i used to make a pretty good living buying and selling on ebay at one point and that used to really throw a spanner in the works!

give them a ring they will hurry it along if your in a rush, they will find out what they need to know over the phone and get the ball rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        did you follow a link to paypal from the email.If so close it down and log into paypal as you would normally do and report the email
        No mate, the email was on my phone but i logged in on my laptop & just to double check i went on ebay to check my account & it came up with the same thing.
        Im probably being paranoid but you can't be too careful these days.

Comment

If you have logged into a link from the email sent to you change your password ASAP, It is pretty much guaranteed a con - Log into paypal as you normally would; I have had the same thing before with Ebay; Simon

Comment

Originally posted by w33lerd33ler View Post
            Yes mate many times before over the yrs, its normal. its been a pain in my ass aswell coz i used to make a pretty good living buying and selling on ebay at one point and that used to really throw a spanner in the works!

give them a ring they will hurry it along if your in a rush, they will find out what they need to know over the phone and get the ball rolling.
            Ahhh right, im not buying anything at the minute but i thought i'd make sure it wasn't a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by s1mon View Post
              If you have logged into a link from the email sent to you change your password ASAP, It is pretty much guaranteed a con - Log into paypal as you normally would; I have had the same thing before with Ebay; Simon
              That is exactly what the email said but i have logged onto the official paypal site & it still wants my bank detials.

Comment

That is exactly what the email said but i have logged onto the official paypal site & it still wants my bank detials.

Give them a call, and find out WTF is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by s1mon View Post
                  Give them a call, and find out WTF is going on.
                  Ye, i think thats the safest bet.

Comment

Definitely phone them. I had a dispute running with PayPal for years and they refused to take my side of the story.

Someone scammed about $3500 via my PayPal account and I refused to pay up because I knew nothing of it. Ended up arguing with them for god knows how many years (5? 6? 7? Honestly can't remember now) about it before they eventually caved in and let me have another PayPal account. It was forwarded to debt collectors several times (including one set of debt collectors who ended up on Watchdog for suspect/illegal practices).

Thankfully I virtually never used my PayPal account (hence why the scammers got away without me noticing it for a few months - PayPal tried to take money from an expired credit card so it never got paid).

Definitely best to chase it up asap before it becomes a load of hassle IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                      Definitely phone them. I had a dispute running with PayPal for years and they refused to take my side of the story.

Someone scammed about $3500 via my PayPal account and I refused to pay up because I knew nothing of it. Ended up arguing with them for god knows how many years (5? 6? 7? Honestly can't remember now) about it before they eventually caved in and let me have another PayPal account. It was forwarded to debt collectors several times (including one set of debt collectors who ended up on Watchdog for suspect/illegal practices).

Thankfully I virtually never used my PayPal account (hence why the scammers got away without me noticing it for a few months - PayPal tried to take money from an expired credit card so it never got paid).

Definitely best to chase it up asap before it becomes a load of hassle IMHO.
                      Ive just checked my account that paypal is linked to & all is well but i will call them anyway.

Comment

if in doubt forward it to spoof@paypal.com and await a response

i get quite a few asking for updates etc on security, please enter password here etc etc

paypal dont ever ask for this info in an email so it'll be a scam

just b careful

Comment

I had one back end of december. Asked for confirmation of Address - they call you and enter a code, they deposite 2 amounts into your bank ac and one into you cc ac if you have one attached. You then confirm the amounts with paypal.
                          If you go to the regular pp home screen, it will describe how your account has been restricted to prevent unauthorised access. Mine was proper, yours probably is, but call em if you're unsure.
                          BTW it takes ages for them to reinstate your a/c. each " process" takes several days to confirm.... Its not just an electronic process......
                          HTH
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                            I had one back end of december. Asked for confirmation of Address - they call you and enter a code, they deposite 2 amounts into your bank ac and one into you cc ac if you have one attached. You then confirm the amounts with paypal.
                            If you go to the regular pp home screen, it will describe how your account has been restricted to prevent unauthorised access. Mine was proper, yours probably is, but call em if you're unsure.
                            BTW it takes ages for them to reinstate your a/c. each " process" takes several days to confirm.... Its not just an electronic process......
                            HTH
                            Thanks, i don't use paypal that often really & not planning to use it in the near future so im not bothered for the wait.

Comment

got my paypal working now
                              so be paying mi subs in a few weeks

never login to paypal by email
                              i only go into paypal from my ebay account
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                              X