newbie potential purchaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie potential purchaser

mornin, have been looking for a 4x4 for a while now and stumbled across the idea of a jap import, ventured out yesterday to CCB down south and test drove a surf, 1996 ssr-g 3.0 with 40k on the clock, have to say I really liked it, was expecting a lot more body roll from a vehicle with such large tyres.

anyhoo, couple of questions to the experienced owners, excuse my "newbie-ness"

what are the trim levels of these motors? SSR-X , SSR-G, etc?

whats considered the best model to go for?

what should you pay for a 1996 onward model?

whats the difference with the turbo intercooled version?

and finally, whats the average MPG from the 3.0

have read most reviews and the FAQ, all very imformative!

incidentely, CCB wanted 11.495 for the surf, which i thought was quite expensive, but it was exceptionally clean and tidy and the guy who helped out there was pleasant....i wouldnt have a problem dealing with them.

thanks in advance

Originally posted by MrSpot
    mornin, have been looking for a 4x4 for a while now and stumbled across the idea of a jap import, ventured out yesterday to CCB down south and test drove a surf, 1996 ssr-g 3.0 with 40k on the clock, have to say I really liked it, was expecting a lot more body roll from a vehicle with such large tyres.Not surprised you liked it - they are great cars

anyhoo, couple of questions to the experienced owners, excuse my "newbie-ness"

what are the trim levels of these motors? SSR-X , SSR-G, etc?
    These are misleading - the japs order so many optional extras as to make te base specs a joke! Find a car you like with gadgets you like !

whats considered the best model to go for?
    Go for 3.0 if you can - no worries about the head, and they do pack more power. Up to pocket and preference whether you pick 2nd gen or 3rd gen

what should you pay for a 1996 onward model?
    I have seen them anywhere between £6k and £10 k - As with anything - you pays your money and takes your choice!!

whats the difference with the turbo intercooled version?Only on the 3rd gens - and I dont have one of them so not qualified to answer this one!!

and finally, whats the average MPG from the 3.0
    generally between 24 and 28mpg depending on journey type etc.

have read most reviews and the FAQ, all very imformative!

incidentely, CCB wanted 11.495 for the surf, which i thought was quite expensive, but it was exceptionally clean and tidy and the guy who helped out there was pleasant....i wouldnt have a problem dealing with them.

thanks in advance
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Linda

yeah it did seem like a good car, i shall now scour the web for a better deal, i'll check back with you guys if thats ok

cheers

Comment

Working...
      X