Doh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doh!

Ok so just took the whole dash out to replace the heater matrix. All taken apart and in process of putting it back together.
    Top part of dash fitted, speedo pod refitted, middle vents surround, heater controls done, radio in then came across a plastic tube.
    B****S it was the bit from the top of the main matrix box to the windscreen vents, several more expletives ( well actually there were lots ).
    So whole lot stripped out again to fit the left out part, most of its back in now but lost the light and the will to live now.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Easy done, but we will still mock you.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

The matrix fitted ok then Nigel.Apart from the bit you left out
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Don't feel bad about it nigel. Keanau reeves took AGES to get his matrix thingy right.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          The matrix fitted ok then Nigel.Apart from the bit you left out
          Not quite, the complete box that comes from a Surf with air con is slightly different.
          The main box itself is the same its the little plastic slider bits on the side that differ. On the front of the box you have the air con valve control with a cable that goes to the sliders. Thats where it differs, this cable connects to where the position slider is on mine and the plastic bit it connects to is a different shape, so I just took out the matrix and swapped it over keeping my original box.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Pretty sure we've all done that in one way or another mate!

Alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X