back window help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back window help please

hi guy's i'm stuck outside in the pouring rain and my back window won't go up and i have a boot full of gear that will fall out if i drive off and a car full of passengers i'm on my I phone and it wont let me search....
    its not the motor it bleeps as if the boot isn't shut properly althought it please help as 3 year old is gettin a little whingy

get someone to pust it up has you button it up

its the easyest way for now
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Wiggle the rear wiper and try again with the key switch.

Comment

cheers for that but that wont work there is a light on my dashboard that says back door i assume that means there must be a switch or something thats saying that boot isn't shut

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Wiggle the rear wiper and try again with the key switch.

cheers just tried that don't work either
          don't give up on me guys theres virtual beers in it for ya

Comment

is there a switch somewhere that tells the system that the tailgate is shut /open

Comment

From memory its built in to the catches either side of the tailgate as when the tail gate is down you can lock both catches and operate the window when the tailgate is down (not recommended)

Sounds like either the tailgate is not shut correctly or the rear wiper is not seated home properly.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

If the 'door' light in the dash is on, then it's to do with the latches or wiper arm.

Firstly, make sure the window lock button on the driver's arm rest isn't pressed in, then give the tailgate a good slam.

You can also open the tailgate, click the latches closed (to imitate the tailgate is shut) and using the keyswitch, see if the window raises. Don't go mad though, as the glass won't be supported, but just to see if it moves, then you'll know it's the latches that are causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                  From memory its built in to the catches either side of the tailgate as when the tail gate is down you can lock both catches and operate the window when the tailgate is down (not recommended)

Sounds like either the tailgate is not shut correctly or the rear wiper is not seated home properly.
                  ok i have just locked both catches and it still bleeps and no window movement

Comment

Just had the same thing happen to me. The back window light will stay on until the window goes up or you push the lock down.

If it stays on with the door shut and locked, then i found if i turned my lights on i could close the window (dash light went out)

I traced everything i could and found it was the loom plugs below the window control box. Have rewired and all is ok now.

Hope this might help.

Comment

Do you have a rear wheel carrier..Im sure there is a micro switch to warn if thats not closed might tie in with the window

Back in the day Baby

Comment

ok lights on and window movement "IV'E GOT IT UP"
                        cheers guy's i can get my baby home now thanks again
                        what a great community we have here...........

Comment

your welcome

Comment

Working...
                          X