Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" Lift kit, help needed in South East

Evening guys,

Picking up my new Surf next week and one of the first jobs I want to get done is a 2" lift.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there around Sussex / Kent that may be able to give me a hand doing it? - I will be happy to sort out some beer tokens for your time.

Failing that does anyone know a good garage that will do it in Sussex / Kent?

Look forward to your responses,

Simon

Mate if yu lived nearer to me I'd be glad to help you!

I'm on my iPhone at the mo, but I will post up a coupe of important links soon with everything you will need from start to finish, very, very simple
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
      Mate if yu lived nearer to me I'd be glad to help you!

I'm on my iPhone at the mo, but I will post up a coupe of important links soon with everything you will need from start to finish, very, very simple

Thanks mate; any advice is always helpful, I may have a go myself (Just hate starting jobs that I am not 100% sure on what I am doing!)

Simon

Comment

here you are dude... These 2 threads are very simple to follow, pics and instructions, i had no idea before reading these. Everything you need

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.ph...body+lift+pics

and this one....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm

I referenced everything from these 2 threads. If you read em, get to know em, then go and locate everything on your truck that is in these threads, you will be laughing mate. Took me from 9am til 4pm.

Be prepared for neck ache and tricep ache tho!!

Good advice is, wire brush all the body mount threads and WD-40 them about a wk before ya do the lift, try and do it a few times. Easy when the nuts come straight off, only one of mine was a tw4t to shift, got bent etc..

Undo the little clip that holds your hand brake cable to the under side of the body cos this gets very tight after the lift.

Do one side at a time, and jack very slowly, listening for any problems (you shouldnt have any tho)

un clip the lower fan shroud on the rad (easy)

loosen bottom and top bolts on steering column as these need to extend a little (make sure you tighten back up!!)

You will ONLY need 2 brackets making for the front bumper (to raise it 2") and you will also (if poss) get someone to remove your gearstick and weld a 2" piece into it (see illus).

Very simple job, and you'll feel a damn site prouder of it than if you pay a garage to do it!!

Any questions just fire away, i'm sure the wealth of knowledge on here will assist in any way poss ;-)
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
          here you are dude... These 2 threads are very simple to follow, pics and instructions, i had no idea before reading these. Everything you need

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.ph...body+lift+pics

and this one....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm

I referenced everything from these 2 threads. If you read em, get to know em, then go and locate everything on your truck that is in these threads, you will be laughing mate. Took me from 9am til 4pm.

Be prepared for neck ache and tricep ache tho!!

Good advice is, wire brush all the body mount threads and WD-40 them about a wk before ya do the lift, try and do it a few times. Easy when the nuts come straight off, only one of mine was a tw4t to shift, got bent etc..

Undo the little clip that holds your hand brake cable to the under side of the body cos this gets very tight after the lift.

Do one side at a time, and jack very slowly, listening for any problems (you shouldnt have any tho)

un clip the lower fan shroud on the rad (easy)

loosen bottom and top bolts on steering column as these need to extend a little (make sure you tighten back up!!)

You will ONLY need 2 brackets making for the front bumper (to raise it 2") and you will also (if poss) get someone to remove your gearstick and weld a 2" piece into it (see illus).

Very simple job, and you'll feel a damn site prouder of it than if you pay a garage to do it!!

Any questions just fire away, i'm sure the wealth of knowledge on here will assist in any way poss ;-)

Top man! I have decided to give it a go, thanks very much for the links and your advise, will keep you posted on the progress!
          Simon

Comment

Working...
          X