top gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top gear

If you havent allready seen it james may is about drive up a volcano in a hilux
    Bbc3 chanel 7 freeview

Cheers not seen this one

Comment

It was funny, that truck is the bollox.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

saw this again and well funny.

only thing that I thought of was that in his intro he described teh truck as the camera crew truck that suport him & Jezza on theor trip to the North Pole and their truck went t osome museum but the support one was just "left to rot".

When you think it's a 56 plate hilux 3.0 with all the polar mods on (big wheels & tyres, lift, bodykit etc) surely someone would want it.

I'd have been happy to use my license fee to buy it

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

I don't think the BBC are allowed to sell stuff on that's been bought with license fee money.

I worked on the set for the Welsh programme Pobol-y-cwm (Welsh soap opera) a few years back, and noticed a skip full of old VCRs, radios, small TVs, and various other electrical items, that had been used in different TV programmes. I don't know if they worked or not, but when I inquired about having a few of the items I was told that they had to be crushed as they weren't allowed to sell them to the public.

Comment

the top gear after that on Dave was the caravaning one which is soo funny!
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I don't think the BBC are allowed to sell stuff on that's been bought with license fee money.
              I'd be amazed if the BBC bought any of the North Pole trucks as that whole programme was esentially an advert for the new Hilux. That coupled with the fact that Top Gear have been continual promoters of the old'un since failing to kill it and having it as a permanent fixture in the studio has strengthened their brand in the UK beyond anything they coud have acheived with marketing spend.

I would imagine that Toyota are more than happy to provide them with anything they wish and I would guess have been using that 'left to rot' Hilux as a promotional tool at various events

Comment

the only bad thing that it has done is pushed the price of hilux pickups up through the roof! a none tax moted with zillion miles on rotting body is going for £1500 on ebay, luckily many people havent found the connection between surfs and hliux pickups!
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
                  saw this again and well funny.

only thing that I thought of was that in his intro he described teh truck as the camera crew truck that suport him & Jezza on theor trip to the North Pole and their truck went t osome museum but the support one was just "left to rot".

When you think it's a 56 plate hilux 3.0 with all the polar mods on (big wheels & tyres, lift, bodykit etc) surely someone would want it.

I'd have been happy to use my license fee to buy it

hawaii
                  I think that was 'presenter' banter on James May's part.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                  X