Your opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions please.

Good evening all, the wife has been busy building a website, which she has just published, so would like your humble opinion on her work, and any improvements she could do, thanks in advance.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Nice website, sad content.

Good luck
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Well... IMHO colour scheme works given topic, clean and to the point , loads quickly, nice work

Back in the day Baby

Comment

thats a great looking site and really hits the mark.You and the mrs seem to be doing a great job and its just a shame the locals can't treat their animals a bit better.Keep up the good work.If you wanted then i am willing to have items sent here and then sent out to you in larger packages etc.Let me know if we can do anything this end to try and help
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i agree nice looking site she has created, some of the pics are horrendous with the state of the animals before they got looked after hope it goes well for her and the animals mate
          UBIQUE

Comment

Nice looking site and well worthwhile.

It's riddled with errors though. Run each page through http://validator.w3.org/ and see what it says.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi folks, thanks for all the comments, Richard, thanks for the offer mate, i really appreciate it,will let you know, Albannach, thanks mate, wow, does this mean we have to get geekish, we got the template from a hoster, but really struggled to get any help from their so called help center. How will the errors affect the site and the running updating of it. Have a UK vet coming tomorrow for 2 days of cat neutering, should be fun catching them,.
              Thanks guys.

Comment

Great Looking Site mate, nice work.

May I Make one suggestion though, as I have a couple of Kids and the fact that the internet is a funny place and there are funny people out there, I personally would put a warning on the Landing page advising people that there may be content they may not like to see.

Working in security we had lots of complaints when people were opening up emails with nasty graphic content after we opened our firewalls up. This was not our problem per say but as you are the owner it may be something to consider.

Apart from that Great effort and I will have to show the GF as she is a lover of animals and would do anything to help a pet that’s been abused.
                Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Web site

Very nice clean look and easy to find your way around. Well done

Comment

Overall I liked the site. I have 2 rescue dogs + 1 in Rainbow Land

It nicely presented and seems quite fast to open. It pulls at the heart-strings but I would have preferred a bit more "happiness" - a touch more optimism via a nice welcoming opening screen to draw one in. I found the pictures to be a bit uncomfortable and on another day would probably have not bothered to go beyond the opening screen just in case it gets worse!

I am nit picking and wonder why "Greek Strays", I mean, are they any different than round here? I would have thought "Strays" was sufficient. Also, I would have thought that Strays or cat/dog photos implies you might have a "Please find me a home!" link, but apparently not. Having said that, its nice to see the animals recovering and looking more relaxed and happy, you obviously share your love with them.

But to end on a high note, have bookmarked your site and will be getting in contact when we have some stuff put together to send ... don't hold your breath, have left wife in charge and she will take AGES!

Regards,

Stewart

Comment

great stuff - i lived in corfu for 12 years and know first hand what the animal problem is like in greece.
                      corfu had a huge problem with packs of wild dogs. the tourists fed them all summer, made them healthy, result more pups. come the winter we had packs of up to 50 starving dogs running wild.
                      the problems start when they start killing chickens for food - the greek answer to that is a few locals in a pick up truck with shotguns.
                      its no fun coming home at night in the dark on a motorbike to be faced with 50 dogs in the middle of the road but there has to be a better way than a shotgun.
                      hopefully you will make a difference and make the locals see that animals are not disposable items and should be treated well and looked after.
                      i had a german shepherd when i was there - the greek family that had him threw him out when he got too big and ceased to be a cute puppy. he was a great dog and i had him till the day he died.
                      i was in corfu from 1984 to 1997 so maybe things have changed since then but i doubt it.
                      i wish you the best - the pictures on the site brought back some memories.

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                        Good evening all, the wife has been busy building a website, which she has just published, so would like your humble opinion on her work, and any improvements she could do, thanks in advance.
                        Good site - It clearly says a lot about me that after reading the name, I presumed it was some sort of dressing up thing! ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom)

Well laid out and a very worthwhile subject.
                        Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Good site and a subject close to my heart but like most i do feckall about it, always said if i won big i'd finance a rescue center, well done to both of you
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Although distressing it's a good site & to the point.
                            Brilliant what your doing & I can imagine quite upsetting at times "I couldn't do it", I'd end up in prison for kneecapping the people that dump the poor little buggers.
                            keep up the good work.
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                              Although distressing it's a good site & to the point.
                              Brilliant what your doing & I can imagine quite upsetting at times "I couldn't do it", I'd end up in prison for kneecapping the people that dump the poor little buggers.
                              keep up the good work.
                              I'll lend you the money if you want to go on a trip

Comment

Working...
                              X