Couple of window issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of window issues...

Hello, has anyone got any tips for changing the rear offside window motor? I had a go at it and loosened all the bolts i could find, but it wouldn't come out. Is there any easyish way to get it out?

Also, my rear window goes up and down on the rear keyswitch, but will only go up, not down, on the centre console button. Is this likely to be a fooked button or more likely a relay or something?

Cheers.

Hi Don

Have you taken out the quarter panel glass?

Or is it just the motor that won't come away?
    I thought it was a few screws holding it in place.

On the other problem

Have you tried bypassing the connections on the switch to see if it could be a problem with the switch?

regards

Steve

Comment

Nah, just opened the window the other day and it wouldn't go back up. I took off the door card to get the motor out, but sodding thing's fixed to the inside of the door and i can't get at the bolts holding it in place. It was getting dark at the time, so i just unbolted the clamp that holds the glass so that i could raise the window and left it at that. Cos of work i'm not gonna be able to look at it in the daylight until the weekend. Just wondering if anyone's changed one before?

Comment

I have stripped one down before. That's why I can remember you have to remove the quarter glass and pillar.
        I would be inclined to check wiring first though.
        You should be able to do this with the door card off (I think)
        I am sure if we keep the thread current one of the surf breakers will assist with more comprehensive instructions.

If you end up needing a motor I am sure that someone will offer one. If not I can dig one out but would need to check it was right.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Cheers, why do you need the quarter glass and pillar out if the motor's on the bottom LHS of the door?

I'll have a look at the weekend.

Cheers.

Comment

As I said it has been a while since I stripped one down.
            Just seem to remember having to take out the quarter glass to get to the mechanics.
            Perhaps one of the guys who strip these things down regular might like to assist.

Did you check the electrics to see if they are at fault?

Steve

Comment

You don't have to remove the 1/4 glass. Just undo most of the 10mm bolts and push the glass down to push the whole mech down. Then undo the 2 10mm bolts that attach the mech to the glass. Then it's just one plastic clip to loosen the wiring to the motor and you're pretty much there.

Comment

Working...
              X