Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia flash flood video

interesting stuff..

the shots at the end show a women only car park..

here

Back in the day Baby

###### hell thats bad, just pickin the motors up and swiping them!!

"Women only car park......." hahahahahahah
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Makes the floods we get up here looks pretty tame.

Ben

Comment

I Hope there insurance pays out and does not try the act of god etc.
        If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

I laughed at the guy with the Patrol setting his hubs before he drove off.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

No apperantly he is, "letting the air out his tyres" DUH.

:-)
            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

That footage is from Toowoomba, a city at the top of a mountain range west of Brisbane. The real tragedy happened at the bottom of the range where literally whole towns and communities were almost wiped off the map, by an estimated eight metre torrent that swept through huge areas. They are searching for at least 100 missing. There are already many confirmed dead.

I am old enough to remember the 1974 Brisbane flood and this makes that look pretty tame. I'll see if I can post links to the real disaster area. Brisbane is now going under at a fairly quick rate even though the rain has stopped. Expected to exceed the level of the 1974 flood.

Nev
              Last edited by NiftyNev; 11 January 2011, 23:41.

Comment

The time spent doing that could have cost the idiot his life. That literally went from a trickle to a huge torrent in seconds and wiped out part of the city. Apparently there was about 150mm of rain in about half an hour.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                  The time spent doing that could have cost the idiot his life. That literally went from a trickle to a huge torrent in seconds and wiped out part of the city. Apparently there was about 150mm of rain in about half an hour.

Nev
                  I wouldn't have done it! It was his stupidity (and brolly) that I laughed at...

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    I am old enough to remember the 1974 Brisbane flood and this makes that look pretty tame. I'll see if I can post links to the real disaster area. Brisbane is now going under at a fairly quick rate even though the rain has stopped. Expected to exceed the level of the 1974 flood.

Nev
                    Presumably it's all coming your way down that big old river, Nev? I think you're going to have wave goodbye to that fake beach they built in the middle of town....

Seriously, hope you're all doing OK. I've got a few mates in Bris

Comment

My friends mum & dad live in Brisbane, he called earlier to say they were ok & not caught in the worst of it but it's pretty serious in some parts.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Strangely linked to another thread. A mate of mine recently moved to Oz (for money) his new house was washed away yesterday; he was to move in today...

Comment

Strangely linked to another thread. A mate of mine recently moved to Oz (for money) his new house was washed away yesterday; he was to move in today...
                          Now that is a bummer mate.
                          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

He's homeless! I think the folk who bought his old house are letting him live with them for now. I reckon they'll throw him out soon, he's like a big Lee Evans on speed!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                              I think you're going to have wave goodbye to that fake beach they built in the middle of town....
                              That's ok, never been there. I'm ok where I am, just very wet, but not flooded. Real problem is I can't get to work and have not all week. Not sure about tomorrow yet.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                              X