yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body Lift Done Today, help with a couple of issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
    Your truck looks great!

...if you ask Koi he'll send you some stickers to put on that truck...
    Don't count on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
      Hey, looking at your avatar, i like the look of your scratch plate thing? where did ya get that mate? could do with a more heavy duty one.
      I think it's called a bash plate and it was on my last truck when I bought it. I think it is 6/8mm ally plate, very tough in comparison to what was on my current truck.

Mark

Comment

Vidamusic, whats the meausurement from (15" I asssume) rim to wheel arch front and back?

I have 14.5" space between rim and arch with rt hd (+2") springs, 2" coil spacers and fully wind up TB's

Just wondered what the body lift has given you, or more precisely, what it will give me!
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I hve 33" tyres on 16" rims now mate.
          I will measure for you tomo but I do have measurements from top of tyre to wheel arch if they're any good to ya.

(where did ya get coils spacers from btw) I've got some cheap "spring Assistors" in at mo.

front driver 13.4 / 19.0
          Front pass 15.0. / 19.5
          Rear driver 14.5. / 19.6
          Rear pass 15.0. / 21.0

Left side is before, right after..
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I did a big post earlier about this, but its not here!!!
            In a nut shell, I worked out you have 16.5" approx of space between wheel rim and arch. Which seems right, compared to my 14.5" without body lift.

Spring spacers were from a member on here. polyurethene good fit and no noise. Think they are a U.S item. will see what I can dig up.
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

ive got some alloy custom made spring spacers in at the moment . 2" one but i may be getting some 2.5" new ones made up so may have mine for sale soon.
              or i can get a pair made up but would take a couple of weeks as my mate makes them at work in his spare time , but they would probably be about £100 with postage as they are heavy
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Do you have a drivers side spring spacer that's thicker than the passenger side? My spacers are both the same width but the truck noticeably leans to one side at the back.

Comment

id say if its leaning to one side then its either your springs need changing as they are sa\gging on the one side
                  or your one front torsion bar may need adjusting , if the front corner sags on one side then the truck will appear to lean from the rear

i had the same, mine was leaning to the right , so i fitted new uprated springs and its all fine now

Comment

It's the rear that leans. It has landcruiser springs at the back so I was guessing that one side isn't longer than the other like the surf springs are so I thought maybe if the spring spacer could be made thicker on one side it would work, does that sound right?

Comment

in theory that sounds about right , it would work,
                      i could probably get one made for you but would need to know how much bigger it needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                        Vidamusic, whats the meausurement from (15" I asssume) rim to wheel arch front and back?

I have 14.5" space between rim and arch with rt hd (+2") springs, 2" coil spacers and fully wind up TB's

Just wondered what the body lift has given you, or more precisely, what it will give me!
                        Let's see, a 2" body spacer, hmmm.
                        Last edited by yoshie; 16 January 2011, 13:05.
                        Brian

Comment

Re. the 2nd gen lean to the drivers side.

Its always done that since the fitting of the LC springs. I tried all the levelling out via the torsion bars etc to no avail. It is, I believe, and as you suspect due to the difference in length of the standard springs.

The 'spacers' you have aren't spacers as such, but are fitted to locate the LC springs correctly. I reckon if you were to remove one, and have one made to the same dimensions but 1/2" thicker, that would sort it out.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                          X