yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body Lift Done Today, help with a couple of issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Lift Done Today, help with a couple of issues....

Hi guys.

I did my 2" body lift today, very simple, really pleased with how it went, i just got a couple of issues, that i could do with some help please.

firstly, i need 2 front bumper 2" lift brackets, not sure where to get them, and i dont have the tools to fabricate any. And, when i took the bumper off, the little bolts on the corners (1 each side) snapped so i could do with 2 of these brackets inc rubber bushes

the gear lever (manual) wouldnt sit in the 2/4/R gears so i took the gator off to have a look, while the metal housing that holds it all down is off it goes into all gears perfectly. How should i modify it? It seems its only the rubber underneath 'bunching up' but i dont want to cut it cos it's straight through to the underside, and therefore way too noisy.
    Not sure what to do with this? (the transfer lever is 100% fine)

And lastly, the steering feels a little stiffer? I only took it round the back of the house and back so couldnt really tell. I undid both top and bottom nuts on the steering bolts, and checked that it had gained half inch after the lift.

It was dark when i finished so i will get completed pics up as soon as poss.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated, esp. the bumper brackets..
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

The bumper brackets are really easy to make, this is all i did, square thick(ish)
    steel plate, slightly larger than the two original holes, get the centers off the old holes and drill two so they lign up, then mark the centers 2" above those and drill, 4x holes times two peices, ends you can make from threaded bar cut to lenght, And two rubber door stops,
    this is whay i had to cut out for the shifter's, but mine is a 2.4 auto, best davice is gring some metal away till it shifts without sticking,
    you dont need major tools to do this, hand drill, tape measure, round file, hacksaw, grinder (or borrow one) some new nut and bolts, or some from a breakers yard, nut's bolts and washers from screwfix will do and you may have a metal fabers or blacky near ya for the metal,

bugger! i did what annoys me most!! quoted and doubled up your pics again me out of my misery
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Koi; 12 January 2011, 18:46.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

hey ian you forgot to say,remove some material from the steering gaiter on the bulkhead,this will sort the stiff steering out.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        hey ian you forgot to say,remove some material from the steering gaiter on the bulkhead,this will sort the stiff steering out.
        Ididn't!! i just let it wear in it wern't too bad to start with so i thought sod it

I did forget to mention that i had to cut away a small ammount of the bumper bracket (2nd pic) so it sits flush up against the lift bracket, you'll see where when you offer the bracket up, and most importantly dont forget the cup of tea (3rd pic) and a fag (not pictured)
        Last edited by POPEYE; 10 January 2011, 19:22.
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Do you need rad brackets for a 3.0 litre?
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            No, just needed to remove the lower fan shroud at the back.

Cheers fellas, i was worried about the brackets, but looks quite easy. will get on it first thing. the gearstick is the biggest prob i think...
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
              when i took the bumper off, the little bolts on the corners (1 each side) snapped so i could do with 2 of these brackets inc rubber bushes
              I seen these & these on Roughtrax. Are they what you need?

This write up is good. I want to do the same thing at the end of the month. Great pics.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                I do though lol.

You have some?

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                  I seen these & these on Roughtrax. Are they what you need?

This write up is good. I want to do the same thing at the end of the month. Great pics.
                  ha! only just seen this mate, these are EXACTLY what i needed! oh well, i just modified the existing ones, bumper all back on now, sittin flush..

cheers dude
                  www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Are these brackets mounted to the sides of the bumper? Is it much hassle getting the bumper to fit onto these brackets again? I'm just trying to get as much info together before I start the lift.

Comment

Thanks for the help with the queries i had lads!

all done now, took it up to my mates unit today and he helped me. He welded a 2" piece into gearstick, so it's sitting where it was before now, so didnt have to chop anything away from the body. Made a couple 2" brackets for bumper, re-aligned it, and it sits better than before now!

Didnt bother messing with the steering, it is a little stiffer, but not a lot, so i figure it will just ease over time.

some phone pics..

Well happy with it, not noticed any further issues, can't believe how high it is now! Pics dont really tell true story tho. Im just under 6' tall, and the back of the truck is now about 6" taller than me!

Thanks again for any input you may have given, much appreciated
                      Last edited by VidaMusic; 11 January 2011, 18:23.
                      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Nice job mate, looking good.
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Nice work there bud. Will stop you if I see you around and see how different it looks to mine.
                          Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Very nice job all ya wan't now is to remove the steps n it'll look even higher !!

Jess
                            "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Looks good mate.

Told you it needed more lift for 33s
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X