Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newby

Hi All
    new to this forum, also new to owning a surf. 3.0td 1994.
    slowly getting to grips with it(used to own pajero). can anyone help me and explain radiator level??? when engine is cold level is low, as in when i take cap off cant see water, when engine gets up to temp (not overheating) the water level is back!! where does water go when engine is cold??

Hi and welcome.

Would suggest its not filled correctly in the first place, when cold its low and needs to be filled now. Once hot the collant expands given the effect the rads full.

I would suggest when stone cold you fill the rad to the top, start it up and give a few blips on the loud pedal. Remove cap and fill if needed and repeat take for short drive unti lit just warms up the park til cold and check levels.

Make sure expansion bottle is less than half filled, it does have a fill mark on the side.

I would suggest that once its filled up correctly and you find it loses water again you have a leak somewhere or something more serious like head troubles etc.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks for advice. thats the plan for today. will let u know.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers.
        As koi has said burp the cooling system and see how things are then.Do a search for burping the system and you'll get all the info on how to do it right
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
        X