1uzfe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1uzfe

I wont put @ vince because i read somewhere it gets on peoples nerves. so this question goes to anyone.when i start my soarer first thing in the morning it misfires for a minute or two then the cylinders come back to life and it fires on all eight.You can stop it and start it all day and it will fire on all eight.But leave it over night and it misfires when started up in the morning.Now i had this problem with a v6 surf a few years back and it turned out the head gasket had blown.There is no fluid loss that i can see neither is there any water in the oil or oil in the cooling system,so my question is........... head gasket or ignition system.
    www.overfab.uk

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    I wont put @ vince because i read somewhere it gets on peoples nerves. so this question goes to anyone.when i start my soarer first thing in the morning it misfires for a minute or two then the cylinders come back to life and it fires on all eight.You can stop it and start it all day and it will fire on all eight.But leave it over night and it misfires when started up in the morning.Now i had this problem with a v6 surf a few years back and it turned out the head gasket had blown.There is no fluid loss that i can see neither is there any water in the oil or oil in the cooling system,so my question is........... head gasket or ignition system.
    How you doing sicknote
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      usually this fault is due to damp or breaking down ignition leads if the leads are original then they are well past their renewal date, if you want to check them don't pull the wire part of the lead use some long nosed pliers to pull the connector off the plug top, most problems with 1uz-fe engines are electrical and mainly in the ignition circuits, so leads,rotor arms, distributer caps and plugs should be the first things renewed on these engines you then have a good starting point for finding any other faults should they arise.

Comment

Working...
      X