chat programes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chat programes

what chat programmes can i use to talk to cheyenne on her laptop so see can type to me for her to learn with her writing?????
    dont really want hotmail chat!!! n want it personal just between me n her?
    also as cheyenne has learning probs anyone know any good learning programes for kids???

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
    what chat programmes can i use to talk to cheyenne on her laptop so see can type to me for her to learn with her writing?????
    dont really want hotmail chat!!! n want it personal just between me n her?
    also as cheyenne has learning probs anyone know any good learning programes for kids???
    What sort of learning problems? I might be able to direct you to something if you can be a wee bit more specific.

As for a basic chat program there are zillions to choose from and it's purely down to personal preference. If I use one it tends to be MSN but I rarely use instant messengers these days...

Comment

cheyenne is we think dyslexic but also she is 10 year 5 but basically year 1 level with reading writing etc

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
        cheyenne is we think dyslexic but also she is 10 year 5 but basically year 1 level with reading writing etc
        Righto - I'll have a squizz around my school related stuff (I'm a trainee secondary school teacher) and see if I've got anything that might be of any use.

Also - have you had any testing done to find out what sort of dyslexia she has? If not it could be worth getting that looked into as well.

Comment

brill thank you!!!
          yes but we seem to be getting no where with the school system.
          because i suffer mental health i think they think she does also which is wrong!!
          we got to take her for eye testing as she told school the words dance on the pages.
          she a lovely kid n i want whats best for her cant afford private tuition or i would.
          they not classing her as dyslexic which wont be good when she takes exams as she wont get any where due to not having extra time during them grrrrrr!!!!
          im at wits ends trying to get her sorted.
          what i need is someone who takes our side to argue for her & wont take no cr&p as we seem to get pushed aside.
          any help i can get her we will be grateful!!!!!!

Comment

Something else for you to try if you've got a place like Staples, etc, anywhere near you...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2-A4-coloure...4477411&sr=8-1

Try a few different colours before you buy anything to see if any particular colour makes any difference.

EDIT:http://www.cornwalldyslexia.org.uk/ should be able to offer help too.

Try asking to be referred to the school SENCO (special needs co-ordinator) for an assessment. If they don't want to listen then take it to the LEA.
            Last edited by Rustinho; 8 January 2011, 10:11.

Comment

ok
              Last edited by Shirley15; 24 July 2020, 18:16.

Comment

Working...
              X